RGEE - Not long now! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
guitr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by guitr on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Compyfox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it'll be like last time. Those who had RG1 with all play pattern had less to pay than those who haven't (which was my case. too).

Sergey said something about crossgrade discounts for registered users. But how much, and what the requirements are, is not yet known at this point.

Landphil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Compyfox. Much appreciated! Cool

Just curious, but did you actually get to "hear" it, or was a working demo available?

Again, thanx for the report (here as well as KVR)

Smile

willy4360

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the photos on Musiclab home page!

Compyfox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landphil wrote:
Just curious, but did you actually get to "hear" it, or was a working demo available?

Demo is in planning, and yes I heard and saw it in action while Sergey was playing (parallel to a real guitar by his friend and partner).

The handling is exactly the same as RG2L, but with more keyswitches and more soli guitar based material. People could also test it at the booth if they wanted to (and Sergey let them, cause he seemed to have too much fun).

So yeah...

In case you're wondering what's on the screen of first picture:
They ran RG2L and RealStrat in Cubase. Channel one was RealStrat with Amplitube as Insert, Channel 2 was an audio input with Amplitube as insert for the real guitar (a red Fender) and Channel 3 was RG2L as we all know it. The large vertical window in the upper-middle of the screen is the KeySwitch setup window for RealStrat btw.

I didn't catch the name from the second presentator of the booth (the man in the middle, who played the real guitar), but in the left is Sergey, and if that's not Konstantin on the right, I guess it's the founder of BestService Germany (I've seen him somewhere already), but please don't nail me for that.

ford442

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops.. NM...

Last edited by ford442 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steven West

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks as well Compy and Willy. Very Happy Looks exciting! And I like how Jimi Hendrix appears in the top pic. I would take that as a definate 'sign' of endorsement. Laughing

And would be nice to know price breakdowns for RG2L owners vs. Fresh Off The Street customers vs. MIDI Over Lan users and all that. It would be nice to think there'd be a sweet limited time discount for registered MusicLab users to dive in and get their hands on Real Strat. Wink

Chamelion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneak peek...

CosmicD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- I guess it's a useless question, but does RGE prevail agaisnt slayer 2 ? I own that one and although it sounds great for some really noise oriented music, it doesn't seem to really capture that pristine-ness of a real electric guitar.

- Are power chords handled in an intuitive kay switchable manner ? or is it like the "chords" option of real guitar ?

- Does powerchord strumming sound convincing ? (i don't actually know how that's really called)..

- Is the plugin in vst 3 format ?

Compyfox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CosmicD wrote:
- I guess it's a useless question, but does RGE prevail agaisnt slayer 2 ? I own that one and although it sounds great for some really noise oriented music, it doesn't seem to really capture that pristine-ness of a real electric guitar.

What kinda question is that? Slayer is a synth, RealStrat uses clean samples. Played one on one (real strat guitar and the VSTi) made it difficult to distinct of what is what, if I wouldn't have seen it.

CosmicD wrote:
- Are power chords handled in an intuitive kay switchable manner ? or is it like the "chords" option of real guitar ?

As far as I know, it was a "mode" switchable with keyswitches, but can also be played with a the root note and a fifth (basic powerchord) in solo mode.

CosmicD wrote:
- Does powerchord strumming sound convincing ? (i don't actually know how that's really called)..

As convincing as chugging, palm mutes, scrapes, slides, bended play, etc. Or in short, the answer is yes.

CosmicD wrote:
- Is the plugin in vst 3 format ?

Does that really matter? I couldn't even answer that (as I'm not one of the programmers). Furthermore, the VST3 SDK is still not out yet, but it worked in Cubase on the presentation PC if you're asking that.

jeffn1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Slayer is in the same league as the best guitar sample libraries. For electric guitar, I think Prominy's LPC has been the best. It is a Gibson Les Paul. With the Kontakt 2 multis Prominy created, it is pretty usable, but not quite as usable as RealGuitar.

In the strat realm, there will be some real competition between RealStrat and LPC's Strat library, which, I would guess, will be released in the not-to-distant future.

Well, Sergey, best of luck with your new product. It is certainly one of the the most anticipated virtual instruments ever created, that's for sure. I'm confident it will live up to the high expectations.

jeffn1

Steven West

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the EXTREME CLOSE UP Compy. Laughing Looks great! But why the keyboard? And there's no labeling on the left and right side faders? Is this because it's 'beta' still? Confused Would like to see a way of entering notes into a sequencer by merely clicking the strings and frets on the neck. Even better - a 'hold and play' method. IE; set up a chord on the neck with each note holding in the display, and a 'play' button that would strum it once. Would be perfect to trigger over an arrangement to compare Gmaj7th's and Cmin9th's and all that with. Maybe one of these days? Wink

other than that, it looks much like RG - and I like that layout just fine.
If it sounds as good (or better?) I'm definately jumping in quick! The pic's are great - but I wanna hear some audio demo's soon dag nab it! Very Happy

Chamelion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another glimpse

Compyfox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven West wrote:
Thanks for the EXTREME CLOSE UP Compy. Laughing

Textwise, but not picture wise.

Steven West wrote:
Looks great! But why the keyboard? And there's no labeling on the left and right side faders? Is this because it's 'beta' still? Confused

Well, the sliders had tags while I've seen them, dunno. Maybe a dropdown menu? I know for sure that the lowest one was to choose from neck pickup down to saddle pickup, and the other ones are just like RG2L.

The keyboard? Well personally I'd like to see where my keyswitches are. That's some form of guide. Dunno if that will be possible to disable, but I like it. Sometimes in RG2L I'm like "WTF so where are my keyswitches now?". And seeing that RG2E can be switched from lownote-E to lownote-D and back, it's really helpful to see what's going on if you switch through the modes.

I'm also surprised that you didn't see the untagged button below the pattern manager. Well this triggers the keyswitch configurator (seen on the left). I guess this all will be properly visible as soon as RealStrat will be released.

Steven West wrote:
Would like to see a way of entering notes into a sequencer by merely clicking the strings and frets on the neck. Even better - a 'hold and play' method. IE; set up a chord on the neck with each note holding in the display, and a 'play' button that would strum it once. Would be perfect to trigger over an arrangement to compare Gmaj7th's and Cmin9th's and all that with. Maybe one of these days? Wink

Sometimes I wish that, too. Never tried it to be honest if it's possible already, but then again, I could play faster with the keyboard than with a mouse picking strings or strumming them.

Steven West wrote:
other than that, it looks much like RG - and I like that layout just fine.
If it sounds as good (or better?) I'm definately jumping in quick! The pic's are great - but I wanna hear some audio demo's soon dag nab it! Very Happy

Well it basically IS RG2L, just in a new coat, new samples, a little bit finetuned and way more keyswitches.

clueblast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks compyfox for the comprehensive report from frankfurt (and chamelion for some pics).
here´s another voluntary for betatesting that beast.
i´d even pay the final retailprice for RS before betatesting it.
now isn´t that an offer? Rolling Eyes

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 2 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next