RG Electric - Time for an Update! Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
SRF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: RG Electric - Time for an Update! Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've been watching and waiting... and I can't resist asking the question any longer! How is RG Electric going? Are you anywhere near being able to share audio demos or screenshots? Hoping to convince my dearly beloved to get me RGE for Christmas... will it be out by then?

Cheers,

Steve

OldGeezer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep checking in for news periodically...think I saw a tumbleweed roll by in the wind last time. The silence in here is deafening (at least where RGE is concerned).

I'm definitely buying another virtual guitar for myself this christmas, and I've got my eye on Prominy LPC Clean (seeing as I already own Kontakt2). At least it exists and is available. I've got a great guitar but the samples are heavily overdriven and I'm dying to get a clean/cleanish electric guitar with a good choice of articulations that I can post-amp to my taste. RG2 gives RGE an automatic pedigree of sorts...I'm reasonably sure that these guys are gonna create an impressive electric based on the outstanding detail available in their acoustic work.

I'm really hoping these guys set a date for RGE and release, if not a demo plugin, at least some demo audio passages and a complete featurelist by the end of November so I can decide to whom I give my christmas bonus.

Landphil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RG Toolbox has me excited as well!

Eager, but still patient. Cool

Jimmy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was actually due last January originally. Im guessing they've taken their time to come up with something much better. Unfortunately.... Chris Hein Guitars is out Nov 11th. (chrishein.net) and it looks a corker (very similar to RG infact). CHG includes electric, jaz, mandolin and banjo. Ill be buying both.

ford442

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm 100% waiting for RG EE...

RockBottom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Chris Hein Guitars is out...

Ah, it sounds good, but from the look of it at http://www.chrishein.net/guitar/chg_productsite.htm you can tell it's using the Kontakt engine! Hmm... Who needs another CPU hog?

Fhangor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sure time for RG Electric. But also for an update of the RG 2 engine. Hopefully it will be available at once if RL Electirc appears. Can't work with FLStudio an RG2 up to now... Sad

osa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG2 works fine for me in FL studio once you get the hang of it

Compyfox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to stab into the same wound, but I also think the waiting time is insane. RG-E was planed to be released while RG1 was still out, then it was promised to be released late 2005, then in January (2006), in spring, early summer and since then silence.

Also the RG toolbox was planned for summer (early summer!) too, which still seems to be in beta.

I mean, I don't want to step on your feet, but it's about time that the users get an answer what's up. We're all possible paying customers and it's time to decide now: Chris Hein Guitars, Prettinhouse Direct Guitar or Musiclab RealGuitar E-Edition (however this time I wait 2 months till the box is out - and I really hope you start doing deals with bestService for Crossgrade and Upgrades options, cause it's really a ripoff for not being able to "upgrade/crossgrade" to a boxed version - only internet versions, and the "extra available" self-burned CD is just cheap!).

Furthermore Germany will add insane 19% TAX/VAT additional to the offered prices on the page in January - why not calculate a general VAT "included"? - so this'd be a no-factor for not waiting any longer, too.

If RG2L would throw out proper notes (record VSTi output in Cubase SX) for usage with other samples, I would have gone the Direct Guitar way by now - sorry to say that. But as paying customer, I'm dissapointed.

So please - fill us finally in and keep your promises this time. Sad

rkgibbons

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Compyfox...how I've truly missed your WHINE sessions.

I'm glad that you're back and full of spite...I'm sure you'll provide me with hours of reading enjoyment.

jeffn1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sergey has a sufficient incentive to get new products out in a timely manner. He does not want to lose customers to competing products either. But, he also does not want to release a half -baked product.

I might suggest he should consider hiring additional people to expedite things, but, in the case of software development, their might be a downside to having too many people work on the project.

jeffn1

Compyfox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkgibbons wrote:
Oh Compyfox...how I've truly missed your WHINE sessions.

I'm glad that you're back and full of spite...I'm sure you'll provide me with hours of reading enjoyment.

I'm a paying customer, I have the right to ask what's up with stuff I pay for (or might pay for). If you don't like it, suck on it.

And as jeffn1 had rounded it up fairly well, Musiclab is really not the fastet firm or one of them keeping promises or meet their "planned releasedates". I have to remind you that some of us are on the boat since RnC, and the constant postponing is not really the best way to go for a firm like this.

RG-E was promised to us, the users, since late Summer/Autum 2005 now. We almost have X-Mas 2006. We are the ones who're always put off. Therefore it's no wonder that people feel the dissapointment and want to switch (or already did). However it was surprising that Toolbox finally got released, but I feel to be able to upgrade/crossgrade to RG3/RG-E we will "need to" buy this plugin, else we have to pay extra. I even asked this in a seperate thread, but I also slowly get the feeling that Musiclab doesn't even care for their customers anymore.

So don't blame it on me, buddy. I don't know you, and you don't know me - but internet sure is serious business and it's so easy to call others whiney and full of spite. So tone it a bit down, will ya?

ford442

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wont be too long - maybe he hasn't answered this in hopes he can make a proper announcement - i just bought Amplitube 2 in preperation.. Wink

rkgibbons

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compyfox wrote:
I'm a paying customer, I have the right to ask what's up with stuff I pay for (or might pay for). If you don't like it, suck on it.

Compy, you missed my point. I LOVE your whining. In fact, I really missed it, since it's been quite a few months since the last time you were on here whining about things. (My favourite is when you cry about the price of upgrades...)

I love guys like you.

You make the forums enjoyable to read.

Here's a tip though: ask your questions in a polite, civilized way, don't whine and complain and bitch. There's probably a reason why Sergey doesn't bother to answer your posts. Can you guess what it is?

Compyfox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't trolls like you just shut the hell up and leave us alone. That's a legit complaint and no f*cking whining.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 6 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next