Can I use guitars samples I already have in RealGuitar?
View previous topic :: View next topic
romVsen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Can I use guitars samples I already have in RealGuitar? Reply with quote

Can I use, for example, giutar samples from Native Instrument Kontakt library?

Thanx,
Roman

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romVsen,

No you can't use third-party samples in RealGuitar.

Regards,
Sergey

Last edited by Sergey_MusicLab on Fri May 21, 2004 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

romVsen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what about using guitars samples in Slicydrummer manner? You promised to develop such a tool. It was thought that RealGuitar would be that tool Sad.

Smile))

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romVsen,

What do you mean by 'using guitars samples in Slicydrummer manner'?

SlicyDrummer is MIDI plug-in so it can play MIDI notes to any synth.

Sergey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,
I meant Rhythm'n'Chords functionality: to produce midi parts (in different styles) to use them later in some samplers.

Thanx,
Roman

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roman,

Quote:
I meant Rhythm'n'Chords functionality: to produce midi parts (in different styles) to use them later in some samplers.

Yes, we will certainly incorporate Pattern/Style feature in the next version of RealGuitar and of course the possibility of exporting MIDI part (as a Standard MIDI file, I think) to use them with other synths/samplers.
But as you maybe know the drag'n'drop function (which is the easiest way to get MIDI from the plug-in) works fine in Sonar/Cakewalk and on the contrary is not supported by other sequencers.

Regards,
Sergey

Cochrane

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
does RealGuitar generate MIDI output?
I mean, in those hosts able to receive MIDI output from VST plugins (like Cubase SX), it would be cool doubling RealGuitar with some synth sounds. Moreover, it'll be very useful to record RealGuitar MIDI output.

I've seen the demo videos and they're unbelievable! How you did it??? Very Happy

Best regards,
Cochrane Cool

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cochrane,

1. We can make MIDI output from RealGuitar, but surely you couldn't be able to use it because RG uses multi-channel sound layering engine (up to 64 channel sampler) for producing various guitar sounds and noises simultaneously or sequentially (such as mutes, pick and body noise, fret noise, release noise, etc..).

2. Video demos were performed and recorded in real-time and show only a few of tons features available in RealGuitar.

Regards,
Sergey

Cochrane

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Cochrane,

1. We can make MIDI output from RealGuitar, but surely you couldn't be able to use it because RG uses multi-channel sound layering engine (up to 64 channel sampler) for producing various guitar sounds and noises simultaneously or sequentially (such as mutes, pick and body noise, fret noise, release noise, etc..).

A part from the noises and aux samples, it would be feasible isolating the notes from the remnant events, and send them to RG MIDI out. Maybe, with such an algorhythm it could be done...
Anyway, thanks for the prompt answer!

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:

2. Video demos were performed and recorded in real-time and show only a few of tons features available in RealGuitar.

Regards,
Sergey

Really astonishing, and many compliments for developing a new keyboard technique! Very Happy

Cheers,
Cochrane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a midi output would be the best,

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got to ask because . . . . . . .

I'm curious . . . . To wish for a MIDI out from RG tells me that you want to trigger another sound from RG. To me, that's gonna be dicey at best...but it could have interesting side effects . . . . .

If you had MIDI output, which application or samples would you direct it to? I only ask out of curiosity, because it seems to me that .....

1) If you want MIDI out from the solo mode, why not use the sampler/samples/synth of your choice and record those parts without Real Guitar?

2) If you want MIDI out from chord mode, how much time will it take to get your own guitar samples (or whatever) to respond accurately to the string of note on/off's, velocities, and layer channels that come from a one key strike from RG without it sounding like "BLING!" Just striking one note in chord mode sets off a quick arpeggio dictated by the note you hit, the number of strings, the strum time, the transpose value, and the capo position. Why not just open the application/synth/sampler/rompler patch and play a quick arpeggiated chord from there, without the hassle of going through RG first?

3) The Bass and Pick mode could get some interesting effects with other voices, I'll have to admit, but I can't think of any other sample library or synth sound that would respond predictably with the Bass and Chord mode.

I guess I just dont understand the need for a MIDI output of the notes played (activated) from RG, since it was designed to emulate just that . . . a guitar. I can't imagine, say, a piano,or flute, clavinet, dulcimer, washboard, autoharp, beer can, etc. sounding anything but a bit odd from notes sent via MIDI from RG. But perhaps that's what you're looking for . . . a bit of the different Embarassed

Anyway, I must be off to bed, as it's 2:45 AM, and the alarm rings at 5:30!!!!! Share your ideas in how you might use a MIDI out. I might learn something!

G'night all !

Phil

kevvvvv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you had MIDI output, which application or samples would you direct it to? I only ask out of curiosity, because it seems to me that .....

I've tried doing this with Rhythm and Chords ... taking chord patterns and feeding them into synths and FX.

It was interesting to do, but it didn't make a winning signature sound. Came out more as an experimental "oh well" Wink

Guitar sound has a unique percussive element to it that just doesn't come across with an ADSR synth, unless the ADSR is set so close to a percussive guitar envelope that it might as well be a guitar.

'Course I'm open to suggestion, but I'd like to hear it backed up by an mp3.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1