New version? Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer
View previous topic :: View next topic
Susan G

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: New version? Reply with quote

Hi-

I know this is always a wildly popular question Wink but is there a rough ETA on the new version of DTPD? A few weeks, months, longer? I like what I see so far a lot, but being able to import .mid files via Looper or just directly into SD would clinch the deal for me.

I work pretty often in triple meter, and of course I can't use SD or DTPD for that stuff yet, but with the new version I'd be able to import .mid files & then have your tools "intelligently compose" them for variation, correct?

Thanks!

-Susan

zumbido

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you MIDI-Note-Trigger DTPD from your host, you can input, for instance, a dotted half note (3 counts) and it'll play the first three beats of a pattern in DTPD.

This may be more 'work' but it'll get the job done.

Susan G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi zumbido-

Thanks for the suggestion, but that wouldn't really result in triple meter as far as the accent pattern goes.

I already own SlicyDrummer and I do like DTPD, but without the MIDI import and triple meter additions it's not worth it to me to upgrade at this point.

I was hoping to hear back from MusicLab since the last post I saw from them about the new version was back in September unless I missed something. I gather they've been concentrating on the new RealGuitar release, but it would be nice to hear something about DTPD too.

Thanks again-

-Susan

Susan G

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi-

Can anyone from MusicLab tell me if DTPD 2 is anywhere in the pipeline? I'm concerned that it might be a "dead" product at this point, since I haven't seen any posts about a new version for several months.

I like the demo, and I prefer it to Jamstix, which I'm also evaluating, but if DTPD isn't going to be developed further (MIDI import, triple meter) I'll probably pass. I already have SlicyDrummer, which I also like a lot.

I really hope DTPD 2 is in the works! Any word at all would be welcome.

Thanks-

-Susan

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan G,

DTPD is not 'dead' at all.

The update is postponed for a while.

Though we are not planning to implement triplet meter.

New version will be a full VSTi inside the host as well as we are planning to add Looper Drummer allowing to import and play third party drum loops (MIDI files) applying swing and humanize options to the performance

Regards,
Sergey

Susan G

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sergey-

Ok, that's mostly good news and thanks very much for the update.

-Susan

Susan G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sergey-

Anything you can tell us yet?

Thanks-

-Susan

Susan G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi-

Should I take the deafening silence to mean that no DTPD updates are planned?

Please say it isn't so!

-Susan

lucvp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: May I re iterate the earlier question of the next release Reply with quote

Hi,
Last post about the next version of Drum Tools PD is already more than 6 month old. Can we expect the full VST as suggested earlier any time soon?
I have been using DTPD for a while now and like it a lot, but the fact it is not a a fully integrated VSTi makes it sometimes a bit awkwards to use.
Any news about the progress of the next version (even if not positive) would be welcome.
Thanks,
Luc.

mduclon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Susan G,

The update is postponed for a while.

Though we are not planning to implement triplet meter.

New version will be a full VSTi inside the host as well as we are planning to add Looper Drummer allowing to import and play third party drum loops (MIDI files) applying swing and humanize options to the performance

Regards,
Sergey

well Sergy, you guys had better brush up on the VST3 SDK if you want to run in Cubase/Nuendo. there are serious issues with C4.1 and DTPD. They(steinberg) seemed to have changed the rules again.
Good Luck

shaun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: New version will be a full VSTi Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:

Regards,
Sergey

Sergey - does this mean I can use it in Logic/Mac? If so, please supply your address so I can mail you a christmas card.

Shaun

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun,

Unfortunately:

- no Mac version of DrumTools PD (that was not even planned)

- full VSTi version for Windows is a big question

Regards,
Sergey

shaun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Shaun,

Unfortunately:

- no Mac version of DrumTools PD (that was not even planned)

- full VSTi version for Windows is a big question

Regards,
Sergey

Ah, a shame. There is a huge hole in the mac market for something like DTPD. The closest I've seen is the groove editor in BFD2.

Keep making these great products Sergey - they get me through cold Canadian winters.

Shaun

cece

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, at the moment im still on XP and Cubase SL, and not planning to upgrade to Vista and C4 anytime soon.

But in a few years time we'll eventually have to, when XP will be outdated.

Sergey, do you plan for that time to make your products available for Vista and future sequencers versions?

The big problem with virtual instruments is this: you can be happy with them, but not sure they are going to stay with you for the years to come. So strange!

shaun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, I check back every 6 months. How's the Mac version of the DTPD coming along?

Ezplayer Pro is helpful - but there is no access to notes which makes it difficult to author a fill (for example) as musically as Fillin or Slicy.

All the best,
Shaun

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next