Out Recording
Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer
View previous topic :: View next topic
mduclon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Out Recording Reply with quote

I think there is no way to record the acctual midi as you change fills etc. Will there ever be something like this.

I'd like to be able to use the app go thru changes and record the all the midi so I can then edit it.

anyone know a way to do this in Cubase now?

Mike

zumbido

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite sure whay you're asking.

You can drag 'n drop right from DT into a MIDI track in Cubase.

Of course this new MIDI track won't play DT. You can only do that with note-triggering.

Whatever drum VST, module or ext. drum machine you are using in DT, just set that up to be played from Cubase.

I use BFD and have it open in DT when I'm composing parts. I'll drag n' drop grooves, fills, or individual parts (i.e., hihat) directly into Cubase. I have another instance of BFD open in Cubase in the MIDI track I'm dropping into.

I also have another MIDI track set up with MIDI note triggers to play DT.

mduclon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to record the midi, so that when I ad-lib the parts using different patterns I get a more realistic sounding drum part. Then I can edit the whole part if i need to. What I finally ended up doin is using midiYoke, going from DrumTools out to that and then loading my drum sampler in the host and going from midiYoke to the sampler,like DFHS. This works better for me, giving me the DFHS in the cubase mixer with independant levels for all the drum mics and also I'm able to record the midi and tweak it afterwards. Seems to run DFHS better also.
Mike

zumbido

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea using Midi Yoke.

I'll have to try that.

Thanks for the tip.

mduclon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also found I can use other percussion with odd key maps and they work great. I have Yellow Tools culture and I load some of their split up midi files to use instruments like the Tabla, and other world instruments.
I do find that if you load 8 measure clips into the fills you really can't edit very well. It jams the screen all together.
I'm not sure if you can but it would be nice to be able to zoom and pan the fill area so that it could be edited with 8 measure fills, can this be done?
I'm thinking they really should call this thing PercTools, and go a little more full featured to accomodate more percussion types and styles.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1