Multiple outputs
Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer
View previous topic :: View next topic
cece

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Multiple outputs Reply with quote

I understand that DTPD do not have multiple outputs.

So far I've been using slicy inside dr-008, that allowed me multiple outputs.

I now would like to use DTPD sequencing capabilities, therefore using it as host for Dr-008. But this way I will lose the multiple outputs feature.

So, I guess the solution is to firstly create all the patterns (parts) in DTPD, make the arrangment triggering them from a Cubase track outputting DTPD, then use the MIDI File Record option to get a new MIDI track in Cubase with all the MIDI events visible, and set DR-008 as the output for this track. So I will then be able to use the multiple outputs.

Is this the best way to get the best of both worlds using those two applications?

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cece,

Yes that's the only way to get multiple outputs for the MIDI part created by DT. Moreover your can easily make final edits for the whole part in a MIDI track

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1