In another dream
View previous topic :: View next topic
J van E

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: In another dream Reply with quote

Yet another brand new (and rather personal) song:

An another dream

Four instances of RS are used: rhythm guitar (a bit at the right), slow strummed guitar (starting in the middle of the song), the solo (of course) and the feedback-like sound effect (at the beginning and later on). The guitar on the far left is RealGuitar 2.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J van E,

Thanks for the great song you've created (not the first one I've heard here on the forum).

Never mind how many RSs or else did you use in the backgrounds.
To be honest, the main thing is THE SONG itself and your SINGING as well. But of course RealStrat sound really imparts a flavour to the song.

Regards,
Sergey

CosmicD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, realstrat will force a new generation of musicians to show how good they can convince others that they play guitar Smile

vanillawafer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great job. Your voice reminds me of Radiohead, and that is a good thing. I'm guessing you're also using jamstix 2 for the drums? Your solo lead part is really nice too. Great job!

J van E

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, all! Very Happy

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
J van E,

Never mind how many RSs or else did you use in the backgrounds.

But of course RealStrat sound really imparts a flavour to the song.

Well, I have to disagree with you there! Wink You are underestimating your own product. Very Happy I'm not saying this just to be nice, but RS has really changed my music-hobby-life! The fact is, I really love music with guitars. I used to play guitar but to tell the truth I never was that good at it: still I could make the sort of music I wanted, although not as good as I wanted. Since quite some time I can't play guitar anymore at all due to artritis, and I lost my interest in making music (it wasn't the only reason, but it was a big reason).

Purely by coincidence some time ago I decided to make some music again at the time the beta of RS was offered to me... And that really got me going! I never ever have made that much music as I did the last two months in my spare time (about six instrumentals and two complete songs, apart from various demo's). When I read your post it sudddenly struck me that RS is the MAIN reason for my creative explosion (helped by Jamstix 2 and Guitar Rig 2) because after all there years I FINALLY can make the music I want to make!!!

So RS didn't just help a little: without RS I wouldn't have made all this music, period! Very Happy

vanillawafer wrote:
I'm guessing you're also using jamstix 2 for the drums? Your solo lead part is really nice too.

Yes, Jamstix 2: I really love that one too!
BTW About the solo: I notice more and more that you CAN make nice solo's simply by using the good old pitch bend! In the beginning I used keyswitches a lot (adding them later on), but I find that when you time it right and use it at the right moments, the pitchbend sounds pretty convincing after all (it may not convince guitar players, but you can really get a lot of feel in a solo with it)! You can really make that guitar howl with it.
This solo only contains a few KS (mutes at the beginning of the very fast part and one or two legato slides). In the beginning I mostly painted the solo's into Sonar, but you can put a lot more life in it when you (mostly) play it live! (You can of course use KS live too, but I suck at keyboard playing... Wink )

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J van E

Quote:
Well, I have to disagree with you there! You are underestimating your own product. I'm not saying this just to be nice, but RS has really changed my music-hobby-life!

Thanks for kind words about RealStrat.
If it really influenced on your musical creativity - that's the best reward for our work!

Regards,
Sergey

vanillawafer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great J and E you really should keep with the hobby. You are very talented and since you've only been doing this for a short time I can only imagine how much better you will get with time. Keep it up, but most of all have fun. Your attitude and talent has really inspired me. Thanks for sharing your music with all of us. Oh and don't forget that just writing music alone is a talent that a lot of people don't have. You don't have to play an instrument to be talented and creative with music.

rolley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J van E,
Man, that sounds great!!! All around. I have to give a 9.99 on this. The guitar solo is right on. How could anyone complain about that.. I would not have noticed the difference if this had been posted somewhere else. And Musiclab, this product WILL change peoples demos from noticeable sampled guitars to sounding like you just had a guitarist come over and lay down some tracks.. Again nothing but great stuff.. Thanks Smile))

J van E

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for all the compliments...! Very Happy

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1