Carter's dream
View previous topic :: View next topic
J van E

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Carter's dream Reply with quote

Here I am again already, with another tune called Carter's dream:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=459796&songID=5714067

Although I use RS (what else!) the emphasis lies on Jamstix 2 in this one: the complete tune is written around the drumtrack.

Jimmy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

thats great! What drums in JS2 - one of the packs or an outside vsti?

CosmicD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<offtopic>
I've tried the jamsticks demo and honestly, I can't figure out what it is LOL. I mean, it seems like an automatic drummer. Do you give midi signals where it has to do a fill in or something like that ?
</offtopic>

J van E

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy wrote:
thats great! What drums in JS2 - one of the packs or an outside vsti?

I used the standard Brush kit (which is part of the XL version). Only added reverb to it. Didn't mess with any of the JS2 settings. I only selected a groove, loaded a drummer, and created an envelope for the Power (which is something else than volume!) to change throughout the song. Simple as that. Try copying that manually!

CosmicD wrote:
<offtopic>
I've tried the jamsticks demo and honestly, I can't figure out what it is LOL. I mean, it seems like an automatic drummer. Do you give midi signals where it has to do a fill in or something like that ?
</offtopic>

You can do it all in various ways. You can edit each bar manually (patterns), you can load a style, you can load grooves/midifiles (the ones that come with JS2 or your own or other addon MIDI-grooves) or combine these possibilities. Then you select a drummer and then you can choose to let JS2 do all the thinking (fill ins, accents, etc.) or you can take complete control. And everything in between. It's extremely flexible. Great thing is that even superquantized midifiles are brought to life with humanize functions. It is indeed some sort of automatic drummer, but YOU decide how automatic it is! Everything can be done from within JS2 itself, but you can, if you want to, take care of a lot of things with midi signals. Again, there are thousands of ways to get things done! Reading the manual might help a LOT... Wink

But er... this is getting VERY OT indeed: I suggest you register on the Rayzoon forum. Lots of into to be found there!

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1