Beta Tester Audio Demo Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
J van E

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this...? Embarassed

http://rapidshare.com/files/45624001/Short.mp3.html

If not, it's bedtime here and I'll be back tomorrow. Wink

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Powerchords and muted powerchords in Solo mode Reply with quote

J van E wrote:
Compyfox wrote:
Mind if we get some muted powerchord stuff and chord stuff but in clean from you? I wanna run this through GearBox to see how it sounds.

Er, I would if I could, but when using powerchords I can't use keyswitches, so mutes are not possible. Seems a bit odd. Keyswitches seem to be only available in Solo mode. So playing chords and muting things is a no go. You can of course play a powerchord in solo mode but that sounds absolutely different (and awfull). But maybe I am missing something. Seem a bit weird if you can't mute powerchords...! On the other hand, there isn't much to be missed on the Harmony screen, so...

Now in RealStrat Solo mode you can easily create 'Harmony' mode by simply selecting 'Interval FX' in FX box on Solo panel (or Key Switch, or velo switch...). 'Interval' has several selections - 4th, 5th, powerchords, etc. So using this FX you can play similar Harmony mode (mono keyboard) but using almost all Solo mode options - legato slides, mutes, HammerOns/PullOffs, Repetition on Note-Off, etc..

Regards,
Sergey

Compyfox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J van E wrote:
Something like this...? Embarassed

http://rapidshare.com/files/45624001/Short.mp3.html

If not, it's bedtime here and I'll be back tomorrow. Wink

Yeah, but a bit more... uhm... "alive" and at least one octave lower (not to mention clean please for massive abuse, heh).

I really have to get my claws on the beta...

CosmicD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure with the right kind of amploifieers that can be used as stero as well, you can make this sound like eastwests ministry of rock... It's just a question of what kind of

So far I've tried the free amp from voxengo, those free amps that have been posted here, and I still think the amps from cubase sound the most convincing then...

but they sound all a bit crunchy and theres always some overdose flatness and clicking inside.

i dont know.. it's just nothing like guitar rig2 which you can really use to make this sound like the burning desired metal sound you want Smile

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J van E wrote:
One thing that puzzels me is that there are three on/off buttons on every keyswitch: I noticed turning some one turned the switch into a trigger, meaning it will do it's job until it's pressed again, which can be quite handy for some effects. But I couldn't really figure out what those light buttons are really for.

Three LED switches at the left part of every Key Switch box are:

Left - turns Key Switch to toggle mode, opposite to temporary mode when FX works only while you hold KeySwitch key
Middle - when lightened allows to switch FX simultaneously with normal key function as Repeat zone key
Right - allows to sustain (hold) sound simultaneously with switching the FX- the key works additionally as Sustain Pedal

Sorry that we didn't include ReadMe file with description of new options added to RealStrat that are of course not easy to understand.

I think that I can answer all betatesters' questions via our support mail:
supportbox@musiclab.com before we finish the Manual

Regards,
Sergey

J van E

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Now in RealStrat Solo mode you can easily create 'Harmony' mode by simply selecting 'Interval FX' in FX box on Solo panel (or Key Switch, or velo switch...). 'Interval' has several selections - 4th, 5th, powerchords, etc. So using this FX you can play similar Harmony mode (mono keyboard) but using almost all Solo mode options - legato slides, mutes, HammerOns/PullOffs, Repetition on Note-Off, etc..

Regards,
Sergey

Okay, clear! Although I don't understand the legato slides, but...:

Quote:
I think that I can answer all betatesters' questions via our support mail:
supportbox@musiclab.com before we finish the Manual

... from now on I will mail stuff like this. Wink

Compyfox wrote:
Yeah, but a bit more... uhm... "alive" and at least one octave lower (not to mention clean please for massive abuse, heh).

I really have to get my claws on the beta...

Alive meaning not quantized...? And er... I can't go a lot lower: a few notes maybe, but certainly not an octave!! But as CosmicD says: a lot depends on the amp-sims you use. I currently only have NI Guitar Combo's, which are nice but certainly not as extensive as Guitar Rig...! Apart from that: stuff like this is usually played in sync with a bass, so... you shouldn't expect everything from the guitar alone, I guess.

Last edited by J van E on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J van E,

Slide (Legato) FX works similar Slide FX in RealGuitar: automatical slide between two legato played notes (steps and time adjustable)

First press KeySwitch key, after that press and hold the first note to slide from, then the second note to slide to

Regards,
Sergey

J van E

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
First press KeySwitch key, after that press and hold the first note to slide from, then the second note to slide to

Okay, thx, I messed that up: I played the first note and THAN I pressed the keyswitch. So that has to be the other way around! So forget my remark about this in the mail I just send to support (as I will do from now on Wink .)

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J van E,

OK

BTW, I'm glad that you got the trick with same FX with different setting assigned to several KeySwitches Very Happy . That was of course thought out and seems to be the unique KS feature (don't know any other analogue)

Regards,
Sergey

Compyfox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I row myself in to the beta testers and audio demo providers.

Here's a little snipped of mine from the US National Anthem, the final part to be precise. Please keep in mind I can play JACK SH*T on my keyboard, so this might sound a little bit akward. I'm also not patriotic, as I'm German, but I like Jimmy Hendrix's version of the anthem, and it's just made for guitar.

Studio Compyfox - USA National Anthem (Fox0red Mix) (0,67MB, mp3, 192kbit VBR - warning: could be loud)

Equipment used:
- Kurzweil K2000 Keyboard
- Cubase SX3
- Real Strat
- Insert: Line6 GearBox VST (Treadplate 2001 Patch, emulation of the Soldano 1993 Solo 100 Head amplifier mod for Marshall Amps)
- Send: Kjaerhus Classic Chorus, Lead Guitar Patch
- Send: Kjaerhus Classic Delay, Pingpong Patch, Adjusted

Keyswitches/Settings:
Pickup Settings - setup to -6, Fretboard Pickup
C0 - Feedback 5'
Modwheel - Vibrato (default setup)
Pitchbend - Pitching (default setup)
Aftertouch (from my Kurzweil) - dunno what it does, but it adds minor vibration?

Please enjoy.
Maybe I'll post some death-metal powerchord stuff later, without drums of course. Wink

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 4 of 4 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4