LPC-demo the RS-way!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic
J van E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: LPC-demo the RS-way!!! Reply with quote

Someone asked for it and well, here it is: the first minute or so of the LPC Super Performance Multi for Kontakt2 video demo. Audio only. Wink

READ THIS FIRST: I only have the NI Guitar Combo's and none of the presets gave me the same sound (so far), so I just settled for something. And before you compare the two demo's (feel free to play them together at the same time!), let me remind you I did NOT add drums nor bass, which make a MIGHTY HUGE difference of course!!!

Here it is:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=459796&songID=5614192

EDIT:
I've put the file on Soundclick anyway... Wink

P.S. I watched the original video of course and played trills where trills were used (so no quick notes but keyswitched trills. I also used the pitchbend twice or so to make a bend in the middle of a note. All other bends are keyswitch bends and ALL slides are keyswitch slides.

P.S. 2 I am quite new to the chucka chucka world Wink , so I maybe someone else would have chosen other kind of mutes...

Last edited by J van E on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

CosmicD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, why am I so warm for the beta now? LOL wish i could try it with the gratifier box in guitarrig2 Smile

PS: about your performance, that already sounds cool with a few remarks.. the latest legato play sounds like they always begin with a plug... are you actually able to do that with a 'legato' key switch so the notes will actually more sound like bound together without that pluckj in the beginning?

Johannes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: LPC-demo the RS-way!!! Reply with quote

J van E wrote:
Someone asked for it and well, here it is: the first minute or so of the LPC Super Performance Multi for Kontakt2 video demo. Audio only. Wink

READ THIS FIRST: I only have the NI Guitar Combo's and none of the presets gave me the same sound (so far), so I just settled for something. And before you compare the two demo's (feel free to play them together at the same time!), let me remind you I did NOT add drums nor bass, which make a MIGHTY HUGE difference of course!!!

Here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/45983769/LPC-RS.mp3.html

(Don't know if I can post this on Soundclick... so if anyone feels like putting it on some other easier to reach site...).

P.S. I watched the original video of course and played trills where trills were used (so no quick notes but keyswitched trills. I also used the pitchbend twice or so to make a bend in the middle of a note. All other bends are keyswitch bends and ALL slides are keyswitch slides.

P.S. 2 I am quite new to the chucka chucka world Wink , so I maybe someone else would have chosen other kind of mutes...

MAN! What did you do? It sounds like Confused.

If people want to hear something neutral see "Jacker" playing LPC after a day or so. Here the link:

http://www.prominy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68

Johannes

PS: Did you imitate the original composition with RealStrat?

Last edited by Johannes on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

J van E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CosmicD wrote:
lol, why am I so warm for the beta now? LOL wish i could try it with the gratifier box in guitarrig2 Smile

PS: about your performance, that already sounds cool with a few remarks.. the latest legato play sounds like they always begin with a plug... are you actually able to do that with a 'legato' key switch so the notes will actually more sound like bound together without that pluckj in the beginning?

Er... not sure what part you mean... Maybe those very fast notes at the end? Well, I got fed up a little with it at that time Wink so I made those quick. I think they don't overlap: if they did they would be automatically hammered on and off which would make it more legato. Don't know if you mean that part btw...? (There is also a keyswitch for it!)

About trying it in GuitarRig: be my guest:

http://rapidshare.com/files/45985270/LPC-RS-clean.mp3.html

It is however FORBIDDEN to listen to this clean take before you listen to the other one! Cool It sounds pretty awfull when it's clean. Wink

J van E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: LPC-demo the RS-way!!! Reply with quote

Johannes wrote:

What did I do? I did my best! Razz I like it, love it and I am happy with it! I think it's awesome! Cool

As we all know everyone listens to stuff like this with different ears. You are probably lightyears ahead of me when it comes to knowing how a good guitar should sound, but well, I'm sorry, but I love it. This is good enough for me! This is more than I expected from RS, so...

Or er... (come to think of it) do you mean I shouldn't have posted this without drums and so on...? Wink

EDIT:
Johannes wrote:

Yes: I imported the audio of the LPC-demo and just repeated what I heard! You can lay them on top of each other to check it out. Wink

Johannes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: LPC-demo the RS-way!!! Reply with quote

J van E wrote:
Johannes wrote:

What did I do? I did my best! Razz I like it, love it and I am happy with it! I think it's awesome! Cool

As we all know everyone listens to stuff like this with different ears. You are probably lightyears ahead of me when it comes to knowing how a good guitar should sound, but well, I'm sorry, but I love it. This is good enough for me! This is more than I expected from RS, so...

Or er... (come to think of it) do you mean I shouldn't have posted this without drums and so on...? Wink

EDIT:
Johannes wrote:

Yes: I imported the audio of the LPC-demo and just repeated what I heard! You can lay them on top of each other to check it out. Wink

Sorry Man! I first thought you were playing with the LPC software. Therefore my astonished attitude.
BTW: I appreciate all mp3 songs posted here, also yours. (I liked your solo playing on "Walk" or what's called.)

Technically speaking you did a great job, BUT maybe get another distortion or so for the LPC imitation. That's NOT a critique, just an OBSERVATION.

Johannes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: LPC-demo the RS-way!!! Reply with quote

J van E wrote:

... did my best
... I like it
... I am happy
... it's awesome

A real fantastic attitude to create music!

I love it!

Johannes

J van E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: LPC-demo the RS-way!!! Reply with quote

Johannes wrote:
Sorry Man! I first thought you were playing with the LPC software. Therefore my astonished attitude.
BTW: I appreciate all mp3 songs posted here, also yours. (I liked your solo playing on "Walk" or what's called.)

Technically speaking you did a great job, BUT maybe get another distortion or so for the LPC imitation. That's NOT a critique, just an OBSERVATION.

Thx. Wink

Yes, I already said in the opening post I couldn't find a good preset with my softamps that sounded like the original LPC-demo: this one is not even close. I only own NI Guitar Combo's right now (and Auro Pro but I don't even have that installed). I'd really like to have GuitarRig or Amplitube but I am one of those guys who buys all his software and I have to draw a line every now and then. Usually now. Wink

J van E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. It might be a good idea to give a link to the demo I 'copied':

http://www.prominy-ss.com/LPC/LPC_super_p_multi.wmv

because of course not everyone knows what the LPC-demo is!

P.S. When listening to it today once more I also find the sound way too thin... But I just found out you can buy (an upgrade of) Guitar Rig 2 for 99,- euro instead of a few hundred euro if you own a NI Guitar Combo: I got those for FREE with Sonar 6 PE last week, so... hopefully I am entitled to get GR2 for 99,-! (But maybe not...) That would be a very good deal! (The cheapest version I can order online is 329 and where I live it costs even 479 Iwith the pedal but still). I think having Guitar Rig 2 will help me get a lot better result with stuff like this!

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1