RGEE - Not long now! Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Chamelion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: RGEE - Not long now! Reply with quote

Konstantin_MusicLab wrote:
We will come to MusikMesse and demonstrate work version of RealGuitar Electric. There will be nice show at Best Service booth Smile

You lucky bastards in Europe have the opportunity to see and hear RG Electric being demonstrated tomorrow in Frankfurt. Being stuck down here in a far-flung outpost (Sydney Australia), we have to depend on you locals to tell us about it. We'll be watching the forum with interest over the next couple of days, so please keep us in the loop. Well, off I go to round up the kangaroos.

Cheers,

Geoff

arncliffe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you in Sydney?

I`m from Arncliffe Very Happy

Chamelion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arncliffe wrote:
Where are you in Sydney? I`m from Arncliffe Very Happy

The megalopolis of Cherrybrook, intellectual and cultural hub of the known universe, and I love youse all!

G

SRF

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, is it that time already? I'd almost forgotten about this when I suddenly came across loads of news about the show on KvR.

Only one worry... there's no sign of Musiclab on KvR's news page. No doubt they will make their entrance later... Confused

SRF

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... no, hang on, they are definitely there. Or rather, they are definitely listed in the online show guide. Hall 5, Level 1, Walkway A, Stand 71 is the place. Someone get out there and bring us some news, please...
http://musik.messefrankfurt.com/frankfurt/en/home_exhbsearch_detail.html?exh_id=mf_broenner_0010007059

Compyfox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there (I mean, the news are from me after all). I see what I can do. Maybe it's showing up on KVR too before I have the chance to bug Sergey and Konstantin tomorrow (Thursday).

Chamelion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compyfox wrote:
I'll be there (I mean, the news are from me after all). I see what I can do. Maybe it's showing up on KVR too before I have the chance to bug Sergey and Konstantin tomorrow (Thursday).
Hi Compy,
This is one time I'll be only too happy to read a post from Captain Cynical. Smile
At least I'll know you'll be giving us the straight, unsweetened version. By the way, out of curiosity, which country are you from? You're fortunate to be in a position to flit over to Frankfurt to see a trade show.

Cheers,

Geoff

zumbido

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"By the way, out of curiosity, which country are you from?"

Compyfox

From what I remember, from my 2nd grade geography class, Frankfurt is located in Germany.

Very Happy

Chamelion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zumbido wrote:
From what I remember, from my 2nd grade geography class, Frankfurt is located in Germany.

I remember Frankfurt well. We hired a Mercedes motor home at Frankfurt on our last Europe trip.

willy4360

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not desperate, but I haven't seen a single announcement...yet.

Ash06

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect it won't come anytime soon, perhaps in the summer Sad

zumbido

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I expect it won't come anytime soon"

In the meantime, hire a real guitar player.

Wink

Steven West

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait either! Cool

Just looking at Steinbergs Virtual Guitar and Bass. Those are HUGE and complicated! I'd rather run a Uberschalt CD through Melodyne if that's the case.

Nitpicks and glitches aside, MusicLab and RG are real smart plugs! Very Happy

Compyfox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted here
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=173503

But I'm sure you won't mind. Sergey was there with his partner and guitar player (though that wasn't Konstantin if I saw that right). 9 hours in a row, the same tunes, but I have to say Sergey is a very nice, patient and informative person if you meet him in real life. So sorry from my side if I caused trouble in the last couple of months, and thank you very much once again for this very in-depth sneak preview.

I'm still available if you need a beta-tester, however if not, no problem. I'm ordering RealStrat anyway. And please don't forget to bug BestService to be able to crossgrade to a boxed version this time. Wink

Here's the copy of my article on KVR:

BEST SERVICE ANNOUNCES RealStrat, WHICH IS MUSICLAB REALGUITAR E-EDITION IN REALITY
Yup, cat's out of the bag. Finally if I may say so. One of the highlights of the fair (at least in my opinion) was meeting with Sergey from Musiclab and take a closer look to the release candidate of RG-E, now tagged RealStrat. The Instrument is built up like RG2L, however with a different skin, and way more functions than before.

One of the new features is a fully customizable keyswitch pannel, that can even be saved as "custom patch". The internal routing engine from RG2L was massively enhanced, which makes the add-on "ToolBox" now outdated and useless for RealStrat. And THANK GOD it did. Everyone who's seen the video of Prominy's LPC Guitars, knows that it needs 6 octaves and 2 keyswitch ranges. Musiclab made that a bit more slick. You have the controls like the used RealGuitar (strumming, repeat, palm mute, etc), but you also have more keyswitches for tremolo, glide, scrapes (yup, 3 octaves of them!), dead simple control to trigger mutes with lower velocity play, but only if the foot pedal is pressed, etc.

Definitely hard to describe, so I really hope Sergey considers a rundown demo to show the new features. The specs are also impressive. While Prominy needs 70GB for a handful of guitars and a similar ammount of play modes, RealStrat only uses 1GB(!) of HDD space if used in 44kHz mode. This includes: slides, scrapes, noise, picking, pickup position, alternate tuning (low note D or E) etc, etc, etc. The planned price for RealStrat is aimed at the same ammount like RealGuitar2L. The release is planned to be in a month (end of April), at least hopefully according to Sergey, as there're still a couple of bugs to fix.

Also good news for the RG2L users. I recommended Sergey to maybe include the Keyswitch system from RealStrat into RG2L and he wasn't against that idea at all. It'll take a while, but RG2L might see a v2.2 (if not v2.5) release with the included enhanced keyswitch mode, as RG2L only has 4 switches available. If this happens, ToyBox is really just a little helper only, but not necessarily needed anymore. Sergey also mentioned that he maybe wants to include a "Solo PlayPattern" mode instead of the Pattern Manager for RealStrat. While "patterns" can be good for E-Guitar too, soli's are still essential. He didn't mention any date, but it's a considered update. For those who ask for an upgrade pack in terms of playpattern, Sergey said "that won't happen - at least not that soon". Same goes with additional guitars for either of the players, or creating "RealEthnic" - but he wasn't against the idea of maybe creating a bass VSTi.

In case you're asking, RealStrat is provided in clean samples - no amplification, no guitar amp bundled. You can use whatever you like. (I heard it with a clean amp patch and harsh distortion, parallel to a real guitar, there's barely any difference if you know how to handle it!)

I fulfilled my promise. Now we all have to wait once again, but trust me... the waiting time was worth it!

BTW: I'm from Nuremberg (Bavaria), around 350km away from Frankfurt (am Main). And yes, both cities are in Germany. Wink

Chamelion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Compy - all is forgiven. Thank you so much for your report. It's good of you to be our eyes and ears on the other side of the planet. It certainly sounds as though it has been well worth waiting for. Here's hoping Sergey gives us something to see/listen to soon.

Cheers,

Geoff

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 3 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next