Can't run demo
Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer
View previous topic :: View next topic
Susan G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Can't run demo Reply with quote

I installed the DTPD demo, and can't get it to run in either standalone or VSTi mode.

As a VSTi the error I get is "Can't connect to AudioStream Provider".

Standalone I get "Sound engine was not started", then a series of errors before "DTPD has encountered an error and needs to close".

Please advise. I have an Echo Indigo I/O card, and have no problem running SONAR or FL with multiple VSTi. I also have SlicyDrummer, and that works fine.

-Susan

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan,

Try this:

In DT folder (C:/ProgramFiles/MusicLab/DrumTools/Performance Designer) delete DrumTools.prs file. Then run DT standalone again and try to select Kernel Streaming or Direct Sound in Audio stream provider combo box.

Regards,
Sergey

Susan G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did as you suggested, but the Audio Stream Provider combo box is empty. Anything else I can try?

Thanks-

-Susan

Susan G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other ideas? I'm really interested in this program, but totally dead in the water right now. I run SONAR, Har-Bal, CoolEdit, FL Studio, ya-da ya-da with no problems, so I'm stumped. There's nothing at all in that combo box to select.

Please help if you can.

Thanks-

-Susan

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan,

Quote:
but the Audio Stream Provider combo box is empty

First launch DT standalone (not in Sonar) from Start menu/Programs/MusicLab/DrumTools and select any other audio output.

If you get empty Audio Stream Provider combo box in DTPD STANDALONE RUN that means you didn't install DrumTools PD demo correctly, or installed on your computer with user account, but not administrator. Try to reinstall it.

Regards,
Sergey

Susan G

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sergey-

Still no joy. I had already tried uninstalling/re-installing, but I just now re-downloaded the file and installed it again.

I tried running it standalone and there's still nothing in the Audio Stream Provider list. I deleted the .prs file again & tried it again with the same results:

I'm definitely logged in with administrator rights.

I guess there's nothing else to try? This is very strange and disappointing! I have lots of audio apps running happily on my PC.

Please let me know if you think of anything else I can try.

Thanks-

-Susan

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan,

Never seen such a situation before.

Seems that somehow DT was not registered on installation (maybe because of your antivirus app?).

Try to register it manually: go to DT installation folder (C/Program files/MusicLab/DrumTools/PerformanceDesigner) and double-click _Register.bat file

Please report the result.

Regards,
Sergey

Susan G

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey,

Success! I had to modify the .bat file to use explicit paths, but everything's registered now & I can see the main window. I'll try it later, but at least it seems to be installed properly.

Thanks-

-Susan

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1