Inserting bars is too hard
View previous topic :: View next topic
gmpolin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: Inserting bars is too hard Reply with quote

I've got 32 bars written in a song, and how I realize I forgot to put four bars of intro at the beginning. Is there really no way to move these bars, except for Control-click on all 32 bars and then drag them to the right? It is really hard to do this without making an error. Is there no way to define sections of the song, to copy and make a second copy of the section, sat the chorus or verse, without clicking on every bar of the section? This is a good product, but this seems like such a clumsy way to work.

Also, do you have to move the chord symbols and the patterns separately? When I tried to move all 32 bars, I loved the chord symbols, but not the patterns.

Glenn Confused

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmpolin,

To move the whole section (chords, and patterns) you don't need to Ctrl-click each bar:
- use Ctrl+A to select the whole part, or right-click -> 'Select ALL' in context menu
- drag the part to any bar you want.

Regards,
Sergey

Regards,
Sergey

gmpolin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Insert in the middle Reply with quote

[quote="Sergey_MusicLab"]gmpolin,

To move the whole section (chords, and patterns) you don't need to Ctrl-click each bar:
- use Ctrl+A to select the whole part, or right-click -> 'Select ALL' in context menu
- drag the part to any bar you want.
/quote] Thank you. That is useful to add at the start of the song.

But to insert bars in the middle, say to add an extra bar between verses, you do need to Ctrl-click all of the chord symbols for the measures to the right, drag those to the right, and then also move all the patterns for those bars to the right?

Glenn

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,

No, simply click and move the mouse to select the needed section (chords and patterns), similar you do in any text editor. Then drag the selected section to the right.

Note, also, that if you have the same pattern in a number of bars, you don't need to drag it onto every bar, but simply multiply the first one by
pulling it by the right border to the right.

Regards,
Sergey

gmpolin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help....although it is still much harder to move material around than it should be. It takes a matter of a few seconds in other products (EZKey, for example) to copy over a first verse to a second...in RealGuitar it is several minutes of careful work. Part of this is because I am switching up guitar patterns for the verse, so there are multiple patterns involved. It would be much better if we could label sections with "verse", "chorus", etc, and then copy the sections.

Thank you again for the help.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmpolin,

Understand.

As a workaround you can drag the whole Song mode part (chords and patterns) to your DAW's track, activate Track button in Song mode window, and after that label sections in your DAW as well as simply copy/paste sections as MIDI clips in a MIDI track.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1