Export Song Track As MIDI File ~ RealGuitar 5
View previous topic :: View next topic
ClassicMan

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Export Song Track As MIDI File ~ RealGuitar 5 Reply with quote

Using RealGuitar 5 Classic, I have prepared a complete song track. Is there a way to export this as a MIDI file?

I realise the MIDI patches can be dragged individually to the desktop but I'm looking to save/drag the full song track.

I have tried searching and looked through the manual but could find no way of doing this.

Thanks.

Coises

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Pattern mode there is a button at the bottom labeled "Drag Song." Using the standalone version of RealGuitar Classic in Windows, dragging that to the desktop creates a MIDI file. Similarly, in Reaper (and presumably other DAWs as well), dragging from the VST3 to a track inserts the MIDI on the track.

However, this might not be what you want — as far as I can tell, it's not a complete MIDI file of the notes actually played, just the "triggers" that tell RealGuitar what to play in Pattern mode. You have to select Pattern mode and click the "Track" button to play it correctly.

There is another option, though I haven't tested it yet. From the menu bar at the top, when you select "Setup" there is a choice of "Output Mode" which can be set to Audio, Midi or Both. Based on the manual, I think that Midi and Both will output MIDI of the notes actually played (rather than just the pattern triggers for pattern mode). You would have to record that MIDI (which should be easy in a DAW... perhaps not so easy with the standalone) to capture it.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClassicMan,

Click Down Arrow button on the bottom part of Song mode window and select Export Song As MIDI File in popup menu. That will export the processed MIDI file (as played).

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1