Switching between Multi and Solo modes
View previous topic :: View next topic
Ariakan

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Switching between Multi and Solo modes Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an issue with RealLPC 5.

In multi mode, there is a key switch "Solo mode". Good !
In solo mode, there is a key switch "Mode Toggle > Multi". Alright !

But when I'm working in a song, sometimes I have to manually put the right mode, because the switch isn't at the right place.

I'm not sure I'm very clear, so here is an example.
There are 3 parts i'm working in : A, B and C.
A : Multi mode
B : Solo mode
C : Multi mode

I want to work on part that contains A and B. When I first play the song, I'm on Multi Mode for part A, then when the song arrives on the B part it switch to Solo Mode (thanks to the key switch). Then I pause, I do my modification and I press play again. But I'm still in solo mode!

So my question is : is there way, with a key always pressed down, to say "this part is only in this mode, and this part is only in this one" ?

Thank for your help.

William

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariakan,

Note that key switch Solo Mode in Multi mode window and automatically created same note key switch Multi Mode in Solo mode window are simply switches BETWEEN modes, but not switches TO the specified mode.
So when you rewind the song to the part that has the key switch note on the nearest beat, you must manually switch RealLPC to another mode, in order it to be switched to the needed one on getting that key switch note,

Hope you understand.

Regards,
Sergey

Ariakan

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Ariakan,

Note that key switch Solo Mode in Multi mode window and automatically created same note key switch Multi Mode in Solo mode window are simply switches BETWEEN modes, but not switches TO the specified mode.
So when you rewind the song to the part that has the key switch note on the nearest beat, you must manually switch RealLPC to another mode, in order it to be switched to the needed one on getting that key switch note,

Hope you understand.

Regards,
Sergey

Yes I understand. Too bad, I really hoped I could switch to a specific mode and not just toggle. Sad
Thank you for your answer.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariakan,

This key switch effect (Mode Toggle) is intended for live performance. As you are programming in a DAW, better use two individual RealLPC instances for Solo and Multi mode parts.

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealLPC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1