FX question
View previous topic :: View next topic
rvkitch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: FX question Reply with quote

Hi All,
I built my lead guitar section in my DAWs piano roll and added some slides
and a few other FX and sent it to a virtual instrument track. I then opened up another virtual instrument track and built a chorus pattern in Realstrat 5 song mode pattern section without any FX. When I put this in to its own track in my DAW (mixcraft 8 pro) both tracks are sharing the effects. I'm sure I'm missing something.
Thanks for any advice!

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rvkitch,

Please clarify the situation. What FX are you talking about, audio FX or RealStrat articulations FX?

Regards,
Sergey

rvkitch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that!
I'm talking about realtstrat"s articulation FX. The legato slide, some mutes etc using the key switches.
Thank You

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rvkith,

You mean that when you run two separate RealStrat instruments the keyswitch articulations inserted in one instrument track work for another instrument as well?

Regards,
Sergey

rvkitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Sergey, exactly! 2 totally separate tracks and 2 totally separate RealStrat instruments. One is a lead track and one is a rhythm track. It doesn't happen every time but about half the time the legato slides and mutes from the lead track will somehow be in the rhythm track.

Thanks Much!

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rvkitch,

Do you use Song mode window for playing its part, or play the dragged song data from MIDI track with Song track disabled (Track button activated)?

What is your exact RealStrat version (click MusicLab logo -> About)?

Regards,
Sergey

rvkitch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Frustrating Reply with quote

Sergey,
How frustrating!! I sure appreciate any light you can shed on these issues!! My RealStrat Elite version is: 5.1.1.7471 with update: 5.1.2.7479. I do not use song mode window for playing any parts other than auditioning them before I drag them to their track. I built the lead part in my piano roll ( not the pattern editor ) while Realstrat was in solo mode. I added the realstrat articulations with the key switches in RS and then sent the lead part to a virtual instrument track. Next: I opened up another virtual instrument track and another RS for that track. I then put RS in song mode and using the pattern editor in RS, I built a slow strumming chorus part with no articulations. I then dragged the new chorus part to the new virtual instrument track and clicked the track button in RS so it will play only in the DAW's track. They sounded great together but when I stopped playback or muted a track or soloed one of them then when I hit play again the strumming track has the articulations from the lead track. And if that's not enough, on my main rhythm track which I built also in piano roll while using RS in solo mode,
with key switch "interval" highlighted and set to "power1" for my power chords, when I play its track back it will sound perfect but as soon as I mute or solo it, and then play it again, it starts playing just single strings.. It goes back and forth between chords and single strings like that. I've tried different variations on the T-K S switches and on the virtual keyboard that it's mapped to. In this case it's E6. Isn't there a way to just always have the power chord play?
Thanks So Much!

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rvkitch,

Thanks for the details I will check your keyswitch issue attentively.

As to your question: To always have Powerchord play simply select Interval effect in Permanent FX box and activate its LED.

Regards,
Sergey

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rvkith,

1. 'but when I stopped playback or muted a track or soloed one of them then when I hit play again the strumming track has the articulations from the lead track'
- Please send us to supportbox@musiclab.com your Mixcraft 8 project with only ReatStrat tracks to check the issue.

2. Concerning the Toggle keyswitch issue: that's the toggle mode problem - when you send the keyswitch note the second time to RealStrat after you stopped the DAW, it gets it as switch off command for the FX. So better uncheck 'T' button and insert long note over the part you want to play with the Effect (Interval in your case), or better activate the effect in Permanent FX box.

Regards,
Sergey

rvkitch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject: Hi Sergey, Reply with quote

Been out of town for a while. Putting the FX in the permanent box fixed the issue with the toggling back and forth. Thank You!! And I was totally wrong on the FX manipulating another channel. I was totally hearing it wrong. What is happening ( and very hard to explain). When I am playing back the song in the DAW and I force the caret back to an earlier part ( without hitting stop then start again), the slow picking chords built in the pattern editor play the root notes only for a second without sustaining them through the entire chord and sounds horrible! I tried uploading a screen shot but failed and I'm not sure how to record that and send it to you.
Thanks Again

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When I am playing back the song in the DAW and I force the caret back to an earlier part ( without hitting stop then start again), the slow picking chords built in the pattern editor play the root notes only for a second without sustaining them through the entire chord "

- As I can understand, you are in Pattern mode (or in Song mode?) and when you rewind the song on the fly by hitting time line with a mouse, Bass (root) note of picking pattern is not sustaining its full length but plays short note instead, am I right?

Reagards,
Sergey

rvkitch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject: Hello Sergey Reply with quote

Yes, you are right! I wrote the part in pattern mode of Realstrat, then dragged it in to a virtual instrument track . When I play it back , I'm using the DAW track or piano roll to do so. There are no key switches activated or no other articulations in the track. It almost seems like a timing thing but everything looks perfect in the piano roll. This also sometimes happens if I start the song from the top, but normally just rewinding on the fly. I've also tried changing duration of notes thinking that they may be overlapping a bit, but that didn't help.
Thanks For Your Help Sergey!!

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't recreate the issue in Mixcraft 9.

Please send us your project with only RealStrat track to have a close look to
supportbox@musiclab.com.

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1