RealGuitar 5.1 two questions
View previous topic :: View next topic
plurye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: RealGuitar 5.1 two questions Reply with quote

1. The version history lists this new feature: "Added new way of using DAW MIDI track to edit and playback Song events directly to Song mode window." Can someone explain what that is? Can't find it anywhere.

2. In the CHORD panel of Multi Mode, one of the options is "Use Chord Channel." Can someone explain what that means?

Thanks,
Peter

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

1. After you create chord/pattern track in Song mode window you can drag the whole part (song events) to RealGuitar MIDI track of your DAW from Drag Song button, then activate Track button (Song view will be disabled) and play the part back to RealGuitar. This scenario allows you to copy and use your MIDI part in any place of your song, as well as edit chord and patterns if needed,

2. RealGuitar has different internal channels for Solo mode (and 'string' keys) and chords having different settings in sampler engine. So Solo (solo mode), Melody (multi mode) and 'string keys' in chordal modes differ in sound from chord strums. When activating 'Use Chord channel' Melody and String keys will play to chords channel in all chordal modes (Multi/Chords/Bass and Pick). Undocumented, sorry.

Regards,
Sergey

plurye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Peter,

1. After you create chord/pattern track in Song mode window you can drag the whole part (song events) to RealGuitar MIDI track of your DAW from Drag Song button, then activate Track button (Song view will be disabled) and play the part back to RealGuitar. This scenario allows you to copy and use your MIDI part in any place of your song, as well as edit

Just to clarify: Once I've dragged the Song info into my DAW, am I correct in saying that from then on it makes sense only to work with the MIDI in my DAW's MIDI track? From the phrase "new way of using DAW MIDI track to edit and playback Song events directly to Song mode window" it sounded like I could literally make changes to the Song events themselves (within the RG UI) by using my DAW MIDI tracks in some way. Or am I missing something here?

PL

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

Once you dragged events to MIDI track you must continue working in MIDI track.
As well you may need to create any other guitar section for your song as chorus, or the like, so you can go back to Song mode track to create it and add to MIDI track.

Regards,
Sergey

plurye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Peter,

Once you dragged events to MIDI track you must continue working in MIDI track.
As well you may need to create any other guitar section for your song as chorus, or the like, so you can go back to Song mode track to create it and add to MIDI track.

Thanks, Sergey. I would like to humbly point out that listing these two things as separate features in the version history is confusing:
    — Added Drag and Drop Song events (chords and patterns) to DAW MIDI track
    — Added new way of using DAW MIDI track to edit and playback Song events directly to Song mode window

In reality, all this means is that the ability to drag and drop song events into your DAW opens up the (obvious) option of making MIDI edits in your DAW. Not a big deal, but just wanted to point that out. I thought the second item meant that somehow you could use your DAW's MIDI track to edit the actual Song events within the RG UI. Thanks for clarifying!

PL

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

Thanks for clarifying.
Now I understand your question and see that our description was not clear enough.
Unfortunately editing as well as recording Song track events by MIDI is not possible (and doesn't make sense, I think).

Regards,
Sergey

plurye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Peter,

Thanks for clarifying.
Now I understand your question and see that our description was not clear enough.
Unfortunately editing as well as recording Song track events by MIDI is not possible (and doesn't make sense, I think).

Regards,
Sergey

Agreed! Although it could be cool to be able to save patterns created in your DAW's MIDI track simply by dragging them into the RG Song track and clicking save...

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

< it could be cool to be able to save patterns created in your DAW's MIDI track simply by dragging them into the RG Song track and clicking save.>

- That will need a lot of work for each DAW individually (numerous on the market) and finally find out that not each of them may support such option:-(

Regards,
Sergey

plurye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Peter,

< it could be cool to be able to save patterns created in your DAW's MIDI track simply by dragging them into the RG Song track and clicking save.>

- That will need a lot of work for each DAW individually (numerous on the market) and finally find out that not each of them may support such option:-(

Regards,
Sergey

Not a high priority for me at all—just thinking out loud. Smile Thanks. PL

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1