Making the GH Controller more responsive
View previous topic :: View next topic
sdownie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Making the GH Controller more responsive Reply with quote

I have RealGuitar (and RealStrat and RealLPC) running on a 2009-vintage white MacBook with OS X 10.8. I've got the latest RG version (3.0.0.7075) and a GH controller model 95893.805 for PS 2 & 3.

Everything works great if I play slowly. But if I want medium or higher tempi, I run into lots of sluggishness with the buttons on the neck and the fret "paddle." For example, if I try some mock-Flamenco-style playing, either the buttons won't sense the chord change or the paddle won't quite track the strums.

Of course, the GH hardware is sloppy to begin with, but is there any way to optimize the response electronically?

Or has anyone physically modified the GH controller to gain more control?

One other alternative: Has anyone tried the first-generation YouRock Guitar as a controller? Would that solve my control and latency problems?

Thanks!

Scott

arturchernyshov

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to increase the convenience of playing the controller for Guitar Hero and reduce its noise, I had to change a lot in it. I remade Strumbar: - in the 3D modeling program I developed a new design for strumbar holders using bearings and printed them on a 3D printer. The problem was that there was a small luft between the Strumbar and its holder, and knock appears in it during the game. Bearing installation solved this problem.
In addition, I remove the two switches on the springs and replaced them with magnetic contacts, which are used to indicate the opening of doors in access control systems.
To reset Strumbar to default state (between Strum Up nd Strum Down) i use two rubber bands, which were once used in the manufacture of aircraft models. These elastic bands were attached to the propeller and accumulated energy when the propeller was twisted manually.
In addition, I also redid the neck buttons - I inserted pieces of sealing rubber for the doors in them to reduce the free movement of the button and knocking.
I put the same seals on the stumbar instead of the default ones.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1