Installing RealGuitar 3.1 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
View previous topic :: View next topic
spoilthechild

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Installing RealGuitar 3.1 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 Reply with quote

Hi, all !

I just acquired a laptop to add to my work "place" options (as I already have an existing desktop). My laptop is a Macbook Pro with High Sierra 10.3.5 in it, and I was hoping I could run an old verison of RealGuitar (3.1) on it (as I still need to save up for the RG 5 upgrade). In line with this, I would like to ask some questions that I hope someone can help clarify for me. Smile

Here are my questions (kindly bear with me):

1. Are we allowed to install on more than one computer as long as they are not used at the same time?

2. Just out of curiousity, what is the last Mac OS version that RealGuitar 3.1 would still run on? I tried installing on my macOS High Sierra, but the RG 3.1 installer pops with a message warning that the installer package is incompatible with my system.

3. If it seems that I would, indeed, need to upgrade to RG 5 for it to work on my High Sierra, do I just simply purchase the upgrade ($59 as price for previous owners?) and install it immediately or would I need to have had a previous version of RG installed in my system already?

4. In the installation process, would I need to uncheck the "Virtual MIDI Driver" box (if it still exists in RG 5 installer, that is)?

5. During my recently-unsuccessful RG 3 installation, I saw that there was an option to choose the location of the Acoustic Sounds samples or something. Would it be possible to simply choose my external hard drive as the location for the sounds right there and then, DURING installation, so that I wouldn't have to do a moving of samples via the Bank Manager (?) later on, AFTER the installation process?

6. Lastly, would it be safe to assume that all answers to my questions here regarding RealGuitar are also directly applicable to the RealStrat product as well?

I apologize for my lengthy post and multiple questions. Embarassed But I do hope someone can help enlighten me.

Thank you! Smile

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoilthechild,

Please pass your questions to supportbox@musiclab.com

Regards,
Serey

spoilthechild

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Sergey

I was able to email support, and Konstantin helped me out.

Thank you for your assistance. Smile

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1