Send a volume control message to Real guitar
View previous topic :: View next topic
bigalminal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Send a volume control message to Real guitar Reply with quote

I have a guitar set to strum and a second one set to pick and they are both controlled by a PS 3 guitar controller at the same time in a VST host. I’d like to send a midi command to mute one at the same time as the other is unmuted. Or use #cc7 to set one volume to zero and the other to 127. Each guitar will need its own channel. How do I change RG midi receive channel and make it different for each guitar?

DannieC

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigalminal wrote:
I just discovered Skinny Views and have a guitar set to strum and a second one set to pick and they are both controlled by a PS 3 guitar controller at the same time in a VST host. I’d like to send a midi command to mute one at the same time as the other is unmuted. Or use #cc7 to set one volume to zero and the other to 127. Each guitar will need its own channel. How do I change RG midi receive channel and make it different for each guitar?

I'd love to hear the answer to this as well, as I have two of them too and I'd love to try this out. I couldn't figure it out on my own either. Does anyone have a suggestion at least?

Last edited by DannieC on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:19 am; edited 2 times in total

bigalminal

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Danniec. I managed to solve this using a VST host called Gig Performer. When I send a #3cc on ch 1, the picking guitar mutes while at the same time, a second strumming guitar unmutes. Works really well and is seamless. But it does need a host to do this. Otherwise, there is another way mentioned in the manual but you have to stop playing to do it. I use RG to perform live and control it wirelessly via an iPad using OnSong.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1