So what am I missing?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Leee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: So what am I missing? Reply with quote

I just downloaded the demo for RealEight. I already own RealGuitar, RealStrat, and RealLPC. The "single" setting sounds just like the RealLPC except it doesn't do automatic chords. The "double" setting sounds like a chorus effect, and again no automatic chords. (The Quad is disabled in demo mode)
The only thing that it has to offer that's new is the Bass (which I already own a bunch of Bass VST plugins.)

So what am I missing? What's the selling point for folks who already own other MusicLab guitars?

CosmicD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fact that you can do basses and also it has this metal oriented "straight" sound to it that translate well in cabinets to make this grungy beefy sound,

Leee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess if you don't own any MusicLab electric guitars or other company's basses, this would be good to get. But like I said, I already own most of MusicLab's guitars and own several bass plugins (I use with Kontakt). That's why I asked if I was missing something about this product, because it sounds very similar to RealLPC and that's one of the main plugins I use for lead guitar (along with Guitar Rig or Amplitude).
But thanks for your reply!

mmutee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leee: RealEight is not just for bass (for me, thats just a bonus), the real strength is its ultra low tuning which now goes one octave lower than all other previous ML instruments. It also has loads of humanization features and superb read-to-go Double Tracking.

Riley333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey, will chords and patterns be added? It would be so cool to have patterns made with 8 strings. Chords too. Musiclab is famous for that, that's why I bought Real 8 without a second's thought. Confused

pdubian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealEight seems great for metal, but the Advanced Humanization feature interests me most. Sergey, will Advanced Humanization be added to the other guitars in the future? Handling some humanization in the instrument rather than in MIDI would make MIDI tracks easier to create, read, and edit.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

Our chord engine is designed for 6-string chords only, so don't think it would be possible to add chordal modes for 8-string full range

As to Humanize option - will surely be added to all guitars in future updates

Regards,
Sergey

Riley333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Guys,

Our chord engine is designed for 6-string chords only, so don't think it would be possible to add chordal modes for 8-string full range

Regards,
Sergey

What about Patterns?

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riley333 wrote:
Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Guys,

Regards,
Sergey

What about Patterns?

Unfortunately patterns are 6-string oriented as well

Regards,
Sergey

Last edited by Sergey_MusicLab on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmutee wrote:
Leee: RealEight is not just for bass (for me, thats just a bonus), the real strength is its ultra low tuning which now goes one octave lower than all other previous ML instruments. It also has loads of humanization features and superb read-to-go Double Tracking.

Absolutely right! Especially for Bass option=bonus

Though 'the bonus' can work OK as well:
http://www.musiclab.com/products/realeight/audio.html

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealEight All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1