MidiOverLan with 10.6.0
View previous topic :: View next topic
alanderian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: MidiOverLan with 10.6.0 Reply with quote

Well...

I am in the process of setting up my mac with Snow Leopard and DP 7.1

I installed my the version of MOL, MolCp3_v326 I was using for OS10.5.1 into my fresh install of 10.6.0 and it didn't work. What I found is that if I load my previous Audio Midi Setup configuration, MOL shows up, but if I create a new configuration, MOL isn't there. Either way, DP plays but no midi data is transmitted, the midi monitor shows grey dots, and nothing happens.

I then uninstalled MOL, and installed MolCp3_v3.3.3.440. In the second installation window, I got some sort of programming language jibberish, and the the installation crashed the computer during the registering software part of the install(I asume when it's writing the receipts), and then the computer was crashing upon startup (the grey screen with the message please restart your computer, etc)

I then started in safe mode (32bit) and ran the MOL uninstall script, and the computer was able to start up again. I then installed MolCp3_v332.380, and the Audio Midi Setup window still doesn't see MOL.

So, the question is.... is Snow Leopard supported yet, and is it supported in 64 bit mode? I have my old system backed up, so I can just switch the system drive and go back to 10.5.1. But still... the lure of 64 bits is calling me.... haunting me.... luring me with it's feminine charms.....

Update...

I uninstalled everything and when I tried to reinstall MolCp3_v3.3.3.440, the installer is saying I still need to uninstall and that a newer version already exists on the computer.... I checked all the directories manually, and everything was removed. I tried installing other versions.... still the same message. The only version that will install is v332.380.

So I reinstalled v332.380 and it still doesn't work. MOL still doesn't show up in the Audio Midi Setup window.

Here's the log I'm getting with MolCp3_v332.380

Startup: Performing 'start' command...
Startup: Reading localhostname name ...
Startup: Computer name is 'Studio-Mac'
Startup: No license found.
Startup: No key found.
Startup: New license status 1,1,0,-1.
Startup: Cannot get service id; error 2.
Startup: Done; return code 0
Startup: Unloaded at Sun Feb 21 19:39:51 2010.
CtrlPanel: Ver 3.3.2.380; arch=i386; loaded at Sun Feb 21 19:40:33 2010.
CtrlPanel: Cannot find service id; error 2.
CtrlPanel: Service access error 22 openng testout 0
driver: Ver 3.3.2.380; arch=i386; loaded at Sun Feb 21 19:41:11 2010.
driver: Cannot resolve MolCp3 service id; error 2.
driver: Unloaded at Sun Feb 21 19:41:28 2010.
CtrlPanel: Unloaded at Sun Feb 21 19:41:31 2010.
driver: Ver 3.3.2.380; arch=i386; loaded at Sun Feb 21 19:42:31 2010.
CtrlPanel: Ver 3.3.2.380; arch=i386; loaded at Sun Feb 21 19:43:22 2010.
CtrlPanel: Cannot find service id; error 2.

Update:

I put my old drive with 10.5.1 back and MOL wasn't working, but when I tried switching between different midi configurations in the AMS window, MOL started working( the monitor circles went from gray to red). Sometimes the MOL icon in the AMS window is opaque (meaning not connected) and other times normal. I finally got it to work. But even in 10.5.1, if I create a new configuration in the AMS, The MOL icon doesn't show up. The setups that are there are saved from previous system installs....

alanderian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an old post.... long onto 10.6.4, and all is well

alanderian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long while, but if I remember correctly, here was the problem

Let's say you get a new version of MOL. You open up the folder with the new version and use the uninstaller of the new version to uninstall the old version, and run the installer of the new version. That doesn't work. You have to use the uninstaller of the old version to uninstall the old version, THEN run the installer of the new version

OR

It's the opposite of what I just said. I don't remember, but.... it's either one of the other.

Also I didn't trust saving the setup in the MOL control panel and using it with the new version. I just reconfigured the midi channels the way I needed.

In the end, I think I did a fresh install of the system, fresh install of MOL and a fresh configuration of the MOL control panel and AMS. I don't remember.

BTW, this is all on a Macintosh.

Sorry I can't be more help, but it's been a long while.

lisaa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alanderian,
it's very helpful for me
Very Happy

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » MIDIoverLAN CP All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1