Guitar Hero controller not working
Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » Installation and Registration
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero controller not working Reply with quote

Hello,

I am not getting my Guitar Hero controller to work with any of the Real Guitars.

I am getting connected, however, all I can do is getting the fret buttons to light up in Real Guitar. None of the other controls are working, and the fret buttons do not light up in the correspondent colours either.
Sound is only generated when I click the colour tab chords with the mouse.

The problem is the same with Cubase 7.5 or as Standalone. The Learn-Funktion has not made any difference.

I suspect that OS Windows 8.1 may be the problem. I have also tried to change the xusb-driver to the Windows 7 version, but the symptoms are still exactely the same.

Could it be that the Strumminator is not usable with Windows 8.1? Or are there maybe alternatives by using a different controller?

Thanks for helping.

Regards
Sash

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sash,

What is the exact version of your GH controller?

Should be for PS3 model

Also, please refer to Joystick Mode Release Notes.txt file included in the RG installation folder for details about using Learn option

Regards,
Sergey

Sash

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sergey,

thank you for the quick response.

I already had followed the istructions in the joystick release notes, so this seems not the cause of the problem.

I have the GH controller for PC/Mac. However, a vew months back I have tried the controler with a dem version of your software. It has worked then, though with heavy latency. But it was an old PC and I hadn't tweaked the settings.

So the cause of the problems seems to be the change of computer and OS, which is now Windows 8.1

Question is, could there be some sort of fix or workarund to make this work, since 8.1 is becoming more popular. Or do you know if it is working for other people with Windows 8.1

Thank you & regards
Sash

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sash,

Please email us to supportbox@musiclab.com about the problem

What controller name is displayed in Joystick mode settings/Controller combo box?

Also, did you install our MusicLab Virtual MIDI driver? (should be installed automatically, check that in RG installation folder)

Regards,
Sergey

Sash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sergey,

after searching the forum I have found out that the issue could be the controller being a PC model rather than PS3.

Fowever, the same controller has apparently worked for other users after an update done in 2012.

As I mentioned, the controller has worked with a demo version from last year. Is there any patch you can send me to get it working again.

It is very hard to find guitar hero controllers these days. The ones you can purchase are used and expensive.

Thaks and regards
Sascha

Sash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musiclab support has helped me out. All I had to do was to install the latest update. The controller is working now
Thanks a lot!

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » Installation and Registration All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1