MIDIoverLAN talking between computers, but not to other apps
View previous topic :: View next topic
circlingkailas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: MIDIoverLAN talking between computers, but not to other apps Reply with quote

Hi everyone - while I wait for a response from Musiclab support, I thought I would post the message I sent them here in case anyone has had this issue and has solved it. Thanks for your help in advance!

I have installed the latest version of MIDIoverLAN on two computers, a Mac PowerPC G5 Dual 2GHz running OSX 10.5.8, and a Carillon AC-1 Intel computer running WIndows XP Pro v2002, SP1.

This is what I am seeing:

1) on the Mac
Configuration Panel and Midi Monitor for MIDIoverLAN are open, I have not selected any boxes in the configuration panel so no chance of filtering signals.
I have set up a brief sequence in Ableton Live, with MolCPIII selected as the midi out, Channel 1.
The left-most out button on the MIDI Monitor flashes a bright green twice in every cycle of the Live sequence, corresponding to the on and off of a single note.

2) On the PC
Configuration Panel and MIDI Monitor for MIDIoverLAN are open, no boxes selected so no chance of filtering.
The left-most in button on the MIDI MOnitor flashes a bright green twice in every cycle of the Live sequence, corresponding to the on and off of a single note.

OK - so that seems like everything is OK.

The problem - I open any of my apps on the PC (I have tried Arturia apps, SCOPE apps) and set them to either accept ALL midi messages or just MolCPIII midi messages on Channel 1 - I do not get any response whatsoever - no sound, no MIDI signal. I know these work because if I connect a MIDI cable directly to my sound card, I get a response from the Mac via a MIDI interface.

Also, MIDIoverLAN does not respond to incoming MIDI from an external keyboard connected to the MAC via a midi interface, a MOTU MTT/AV interface. Again, if I just use this interface directly, I get a response.

Can you provide some guidance on what is happening and how I can fix it? It looks like the MIDIoverLAN instances on both computers are talking to one another, I just can't get any external MIDI device signals to go through the MAC MIDIoverLAN, nor can I get any MIDI signal out of the PC MIDIoverLAN and into my PC apps.

pasfaz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, not one reply in more than a year!?

Guess I shouldn't be holding my breath... as I got exactly the same problem.

So, if by any chance you're still around, could you please let us know if you ever found a solution?

TIA

corinaley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A man walks into a bar one day and asks, "Does anyone here own that Rottweiler outside?""Yeah, I do!" a biker says, standing up. "What about it?""Well, I think my chihuahua just killed him...""What are you talking about?!" the biker says, disbelievingly. "How could your little runt kill my Rottweiler?""Well, it seems he got stuck in your dog's throat!"

fufifnilar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A man walks into a bar one day and asks, "Does anyone here own that Rottweiler outside?""Yeah, I do!" a biker says, standing up. "What about it?""Well, I think my chihuahua just killed him...""What are you talking about?!" the biker says, disbelievingly. "How could your little runt kill my Rottweiler?""Well, it seems he got stuck in your dog's throat!"

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » MIDIoverLAN CP All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1