Phasing when MIDI note on triggered
View previous topic :: View next topic
midimusic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Phasing when MIDI note on triggered Reply with quote

We currently have an issue with phasing from standalone GIGA PCs and Kontakt running on Macs. These are connected via MOL.

It’s not a constant problem where there are 2 midi notes being sent as Logic does not inform us of duplicate notes.

It seems that sometimes while triggering MIDI events from the host computer I will frequently hear phasing as if two of the same MIDI note on events are being sent at the same time.

Is it possible that MOL is sending duplicate MIDI note on events to the GIGA PCs and Kontakt machines?

We are using all 64 ports, and we triggered MIDI notes on and off with Unitors they did not give any phasing, so could it be something to do with MOL?

Host computer is running 3.2.390

Other computers are running 3.1.102- PCs running XP and Macs running OSX 10.4.10

What exactly are the bugs that have been fixed in 3.2.390?

midimusic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Phasing issue solved temporarily Reply with quote

To anyone else who is having this issue, make sure that Source MOLCP3 is checked in the control panel of the computers that area receiving MIDI in.

Also we were using linked ports (linked aggregate configuration). If u are using MOL (where the MIDI data is changed into network data over Ethernet) the MIDI messages/events are being triggered too fast one after the other which leads to a network traffic jam.

No more phasing for now!!!!

regisfunk

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there,

i'm having the EXACT same problem using MOL from a mac pro running pro tools to a PC running kontakt. every 10 notes or so there is a phasey sound which sounds like note doubling. trying to find the control panel where the source MOLCP3 check box is. thanks.

chris stevens

tomtom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this ever get figured out?

It's phasing big time for me.

I have one MacPro using ProTools contolling 3 PCs.

Not only a phasing sound, but on LEGATO/Mono patches it sends a key on and key off creating a staccato effect.

This really sucks.

The problem must be on the Mac side as all 3 PCs are affected.

gabylis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the news !MOLCP3 is checked in the control panel of the computers that area receiving MIDI in..

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » MIDIoverLAN CP All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1