How to export the whole sequence to midi
Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer
View previous topic :: View next topic
willy4360

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: How to export the whole sequence to midi Reply with quote

I'm testing the demo with cubase sx and I am triggering parts via midi notes. I'm using velocity control to trigger accent hits during parts. How do I export the whole sequence (with all the parts and accents triggered) to midi for further editing in cubase? Everytime I copy or drag, it copies just the selected part not the whole sequence as I recorded it on cubase.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy4360,

You can export the whole MIDI part (being performed with trigger notes) with the help of MIDI Record option implemented in DTPD.

For details refer to: DTPD Manual, page 15, MIDI Record from host sequencer chapter.

Regards,
Sergey

willy4360

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. Thanks! Nice feature.
Willy.

shkgrad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Late but this REALLY worked great... Reply with quote

Hey Willy,

This is what I did last night and it worked to resolve several issues.

First the issues:

(1) DTPD became unstable and ultimatey froze when I used it to sub host EZD, JS2 etc. I couldn't get it to sub Kontakt3 at all - it froze right away.

(2) When I did sub host EZD I had no individual outputs.

(3) I could not record a drum track live - drag n drop didn't sound the same as what just "played" from DTPD.

THE FIX:

In track [1] I loaded DTPD but selected midi OUT port B (I use a 4x4)

In track [2] I loaded EZD and assigned its input source MIDI Port "C"

I went to the back of my interface and MIDI jumped a cable from Out B to Input C.

Now I armed track [2] for record and "played" DTPD and the MIDI notes were captured (IN REAL TIME) on track 2 as it played EZD.

I then created individual outputs for EZD and did it again and again it worked this time with individual drum/inst tracks!!!!

I reloaded different kits in EZD, changed from EZD to JS2 and then to Battery3. AND DTPD WAS COMPLETELY STABLE !!!! It NEVER FROZE OR CRASHED!!! YA HOOOOooooooo

I intend to try creating a trigger track on [1] (The notes to trigger the vaious DTPD patterns) and record an entire song start to finish!

Hope this helped.

gottadeal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: How to export the whole sequence to midi Reply with quote

Hi

I'm testing the demo with cubase sx and I am triggering parts via midi notes. I'm using velocity control to trigger accent hits during parts. How do I export the whole sequence (with all the parts and accents triggered) to midi for further editing in cubase? Everytime I copy or drag, it copies just the selected part not the whole sequence as I recorded it on cubase.

Thanks

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gottadeal,

Please refer to DrumToolsManual, page 14, MIDI Record from host sequencer section (included in the installation directory, by default: C:/Program Files/MusicLab/DrumTools/Performance Designer folder)

Regards,
Sergey

Abia045

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check the midi part out and I discover that all the notes are 32th and, of course, the arrangment sounds very different. The open HH is really chopped.
In order to obtain the same sound I had when I triggered SDrummer, I've to edit the dragged midipart by mouse!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_River_Technical_College

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1