incompatibility between RG ver 1.5 and Brainspawn's Forte
View previous topic :: View next topic
yves

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: incompatibility between RG ver 1.5 and Brainspawn's Forte Reply with quote

Hello!

I would like to report an incompatibility between Realguitar ver 1.5 and Brainspawn Forte VST host. After running the .exe updater for RG ( the procedure was succesfull ) I tried to load it in Forte but the application suddenly quits. After notifying the people at Brainspawn , it seems that Forte cannot initialise the upgraded version of RG's VST version but can do so with the upgraded DXi version. I know that Brainspawn will be trying to duplicate this erratic behavior but they also mentioned thaty need to speak to Musiclab to see what can be done.

Thanks for your cooperation and also for a great plug in!

Yves

Landphil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello yves,

Just to let the developers know, there doesn't seem to be any problem with Real Guitar and the demo version of Forte ( V 1.4 build 52) . I was able to load both the DX and the VST versions without any crashes. Is the demo version older than the full purchase version Question

I know this doesn't help with your problems, but I thought I would let someone know. I hope you get it sorted out soon! Smile

P4 2GIG
1GIG RAM
RME Multiface
WIN XP (no SP's installed)

Phil

yves

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil!!

Thanks for your reply!! Glad to know that you manage to load the new version of RG with Forte. One question ..was your version of RG updated with the updater .exe file or did you download the full version and installed that instead?? Maybe the problem is with the updater file???
I have Forte version 1.4 ( not sure about the built number though) but I think it's the latest version. Like I said , it's only the VST version that causes Forte to quit spontaneously..not the DX version.
I have tried to send an e-mail through the online support section a few times but never got an answer yet. Is Sergey available??

many thanks

Yves

Landphil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!

I used the updater file. I wonder if you downloaded the full version again, uninstalled your current version, and reinstall the new version, if that might help your problems?

Sergey posted this on Aug. 16, 2004

Sergey wrote:
Guys, I'll be here in the forum again in a week. Being on vacation for a while Regards, Sergey

If it were me, I'd try a full reinstall and see what happens. I don't remember seeing a limit on the number of times you can download, but to be on the safe side, I would make sure you have the new full version downloaded before you uninstall your current version, if you choose to do so.

Just random thoughts. . .

Phil

Landphil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An afterthought . . .

Do you have any other VST host that you could check and see if the VST RG works with it? I'm just guessing, but I read your other thread about having problems with the download. I suppose it's not impossible to have a corrupt install of RG. Like I said, just a guess! Confused

Phil

yves

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Phil!!

yeah , i might try to download the full version of 1.5. Like you said , it doesn't seem that there's a limit regarding the download for registered users. My only question is how to uninstall the ugraded version??
Do i use XP's control panel add/remove utility?? or simply trash everything in the recycle bin?
I don't have another VST host to test all of this..
Thanks for letting me know that Sergey will be back in a week!
I told the people at Brainspawn about this issue. Their customer service is right on!!!

best regards

Yves

Landphil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yves,

Use the uninstaller that unpacks with Real Guitar. It can be found in the folder where you installed RG. On my machine, it can also be found using start/programs/MusicLab/Real Guitar. I keep hoping a moderator will poke their head in here before you go through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling. I'd feel guilty for suggesting it if it makes no difference! Embarassed

But, what the hell! Sometimes ya just gotta fly by the seat of yer pants and see where you land!

And by the way, HERE'S a link to Chainer, if you wish. An exellent VST host utility that has a free download. Only the saving and loading of presets are disabled. Makes an exellent testing ground for VSTi's. I use it exclusively, unless I'm sequencing. It's a shame that the guy who developed it has just dissapeared. With a couple of updates, it could have smoked anything on the market!

After your posts prompted me to download the demo of Forte, I'll have to spend some time with this host also. Looks like a pretty cool program (and sometimes two hosts are better than one...or three....or four....or.....)

Keep us posted!

Phil

----EDITED BY ME----later that night. . .

*****OOOPS! Embarassed Embarassed *****

I didn't read your post in the RG output to FX thread. I see you're already familiar with Chainer. Sorry for the redundancy!

yves

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil !

Thanks a lot for everything! I did get a private e-mail from Musiclab saying that they have tested RG 1.5 with Forte and they had no problems whatsoever..so i guess it's my bad luck..!
One question..would you go through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling if the DX version works??? I'm not sure i want to go through this unless it's pretty straighforward. If I do uninstall the plug in , will it uninstall the DX version also?? what about the samples??

Thanks for your cooperation!

Yves
PS. Forte is a VERY cool app!! also great customer support!

Landphil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greets, yves!

yves wrote:
One question..would you go through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling if the DX version works???

Actually, I probably wouldn't. If the DX version is working OK for you, I'd just leave it at that. Unless you're planning on getting a VST host like Cubase or somthing, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I use VST's and DX's side by side all the time without any worries.

Good to hear you recieved a response from MusicLab. Smile

You may be like me. . . just knowing that something on my machine isn't working 100 percent drives me crazy thinking about it. A reinstall might make a good evening project if you get really bored! Wink

The uninstall.exe should eliminate all of RG. However, as with all uninstall programs, there's always traces of the program left over. . . usually a sub folder or two, and registry entries which you have to remove manually if you really want to "clean sweep" your computer of all traces.

Of course, there's always the possibility that the problem might not be with your install of RG. Could be a number of things, but since you had some issues downloading the updater, that was the first thing that popped into my mind. I've had a few bad downloads in the past. . . CRC errors and the like, and usually overcame the problems by re-downloading.

If you're making music now without any hassles, I'd just let the VST problem rest for a while, unless it really drives you nuts!

Phil

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1