RG VST OSX problem with VST-AU FXPansion adapter; Garageband
View previous topic :: View next topic
deesto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: RG VST OSX problem with VST-AU FXPansion adapter; Garageband Reply with quote

Well, if you have read the subject line... what else is there to add really...

well a lot more of course! Razz

I have installed Realguitar as vst, but using VST-AU adapter i have "converted" this plug to a component AU that does not want to work within garageband for some bizarre reason.

Virtual guitar, which seems like a very similar plug to RG in terms of how it loads, sample banks, etc., it does though (and by nature it is not an AU plug).

I seem to be able to open the RG plug allright within garageband... and if i touch my keyboard i can begin to see the green dots appear on the frets accordingly, but the minute i touch any controls in the plugin window or try to load a sound patch/bank, this makes the whole garageband app crash. Ooooops... some bugs with RG?

Unfortunately i do not own or have any other midi sequencer except for pro tools. So i do not know if it even works as a vst macosx plugin at all with any other sequencer programs? I gather RTAS osx support has not been implemented yet?

Oh well, i guess i will have to keep on waiting until another AU/RTAS update gets released or until the standalone version gets also released for mac osx like it should have been done by now...? Wink

I'm wondering if it is because you have left the vst architecture still as PC based rather than converting it to a proper mac os x vst version?

Still, I'm glad i have a PC machine so i can continue to enjoy RG, still a wonderful plug. However this trouble has taken away the urgency for me to go out and buy the patern libraries... especially if i cannot enjoy them in mac osx properly where i run my most serious music apps, like Pro tools & My compositional sketchpad, Garageband. And frankly, if i had Logic Audio installed... which is another grande-de-la-grande industry standard sequencer app (if not really THE only one in use by the most professional studios), would this work there at all either i wonder....mmmmm.... i doubt it cus i think LA also requires its plugs to be AU as well? has anyone tried the FXPansion adapter with RG and LA? Any luck?

in the meantime if any of you, as users have tried this and has worked for you, please let me know how you came to your solution asap. I'm dying to get my hands on to RG within mac/apple. if not i will wait for sergey at musiclab to reply with his always helpful and insightful tech support as ever. So Many thanks to all of you!!! Smile

[hopefully you will not just say that this method is not supported or even contemplated.... although, at the same time, I think it wouldn't surprise me either if you did say this Sad]

of course i can also see some questions coming ahead to be posted here to find out more about the problem first (i.e. before we can even try to find anything more conclusive...?)Altough maybe it is a known error already, who knows? well, only you at musiclab or as a user of RG actually! Just let me know or post your queries here and you'll make me sooo happy... see how easy it is for you to make me be in that cheerful mood? Razz

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deesto,

We tested RealGuitar 1.5 on Mac successfully with Logic and DP last versions via VST-AU adapter 1.34.

During the weekend we'll try RG with Garageband (never tested before).

The next update will be RG AU version.

Regards,
Sergey

deesto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right folks,

See what I mean? These guys at Musiclab are so good! Their level of dedication, attention and support is outstanding. Marvellous.
-----------
Sergey,

Thank you soo much for posting that on a weekend! Wink Let me know how you guys get on with Garageband...

Also, how did you go about installing RG in L.A. with the FXPansion adapter?

Maybe it is simply me not following the procedures i should...?

Although i have said i managed to get Virtual guitarist working and i did the same steps to try to get RG to work. Still, it could be something really silly i may have overlooked?

Ok, well, I patiently wait for you to get back with the results and we can take it from there then.

(frankly, the VG plugs (especially the acoustic version) are less and less used now since your introduction of RG, you'll be pleased to hear Very Happy)

Also, If i was ever in any doubt that the vst macosx wouldn't work as a VST-AU wrap, well know that this has vanished then.

Could it be something with not placing the soundbank where it should or something like this? (this would seem a little rare to me because the problem looks like it is coming from the visual interface.... you know the minute i click on the RG window, that's when it crashes, etc.)

Could it be a conflict between my other plugs?

Could it be to do with having to re-authorise the plug at some stage i have not done? (it prompted me already when converting the plug to VST-AU wrap, but maybe it needs doing again?

Ok, those were just some suggestive questions.

deesto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got any news on this front yet, Sergey?

Ta.

deesto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys, still no luck in this front? Does it work for you? Does it not? Is it a technical problem I have to solve within my system? Or is it something known?

deesto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have just seen Sergey Online Browsing this forum... So i reckons you may be back from your holiday rest trip? I hope you had a nice time anyhow.

Well, purely that, really, how are we getting on with the testing of this setup with GB?

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deesto,

We've fixed the RG problem with Garageband.

So if you don't want to wait for the update we can send you the corrected file.
Please e-mail us to: supportbox@musiclab.com and Konstantin will reply with the attached file.

Regards,
Sergey

Last edited by Sergey_MusicLab on Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

deesto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Sergey.

Nice one! Very Happy

I'm really glad you guys have been able to fix this so fast and that therefore this was not a problem that i was creating myself by not following some installation instructions or whatever.

I'm not too sure when you will be launching the next update, and for another i have got a mate who wants to buy RG for the mac but he wants to wait until i find out how i get on with all this. So I think i will write to get the fix now indeed. It will be for the better for all of us Wink.

deesto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that all works now and once again you are making me happy. Look: Very Happy

One question though, loading up the soundbanks onto RAM seems to take quite a while if compared to the PC speed RG version. Any ideas? If so, why is this happening?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1