Network problem on main mac?
View previous topic :: View next topic
ellios

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Network problem on main mac? Reply with quote

Here is my situation. I haven'T found anything on the forum to help me out yet...

I have been using MoLCP for years without a glitch (lucky?!). This morning I upgraded my main MacPro with the 10.6.8 supplemental update and I suspect this is the culprit because everything was working last Friday and this update is the only thing that has changed since then...

I run MoLCP latest version on all my machines, that is one main MacPro and 12 slave PCs. All Pcs show available ports in red in the Monitor Panel, waiting for MIDI messages from my main Mac. The Mac tough, shows dark grey on all available ports, meaning that the connection is available and they should turn to green (as they always have in the past years!) when I open Digital Performer (which triggers AudioMidi Setup to open up too). Thing is, this morning, after the update (maybe I got this wrong and the problem lies somewhere else...), the ports are no longer green and stay dark grey, so no network connection is done. I tried re-installing 3 times (with the uninstall script) MoLCP without any change. In fact, when I open MoLCP's Control Panel to specify the target computer names, if I recall correctly, there should be a drop-down list with the available pc slaves connected on the network but there is none!. I have to manually input the names of the computers and it doesn't work at all... The names aren't even cached in the list... So I suspect a network error of some sort or a problem with AudioMidi Setup.

Has anybody had this problem before? Any solution? Any suggestions?

Of course, all softwares are up to date and were perfectly working last friday. I haven't changed anything but the dreadful Apple update on my MacPro. The problem surely doesn't reside in the slaves. Something is wrong in my MacPro and I need help to solve it!

And as usual, time is of the essence... Already two days behind schedule...

Marc Mad

ellios

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved some time ago...
I went through all library and sub folders where mol intalls something anf found out there was a corrupted file eith a weird extension combination of letters and digits...trashed it and got everything working again

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » MIDIoverLAN CP All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1