What is a good midi keyboard that is cheap but does the job?
View previous topic :: View next topic
crimsonice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: What is a good midi keyboard that is cheap but does the job? Reply with quote

I was wondering what a good cheap midi keyboard can go for. I am on a tight budget at thye moment. I really need one. Any suggestions on what kind, how much or where to buy Very Happy You can really tell I am new, huh. lol Thanks. Wink

Landphil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the tight budget, I would suggest somthing from M-Audio or Edirol, which is owned by Roland.

Click here for the M-Audio line

Click here for the Edirol line

And here's a list of these and other keyboard controllers along with an approximate cost (UK prices)

Click here for list
(just an example list. . .be sure to shop around for the best price on whatever you may choose!)

Also note that most of these connect via USB cable, so your computer would need an open USB port.

It's easy to go for the cheapest one you can find when money's tight, but be sure of what features you're getting. If possible, I would avoid the ones with "mini" keys. If you're just starting out, you're better off learning on full size keys. Another feature I can't live without is a pitch wheel and mod wheel, or on some, a joystick. Once you learn when to use them, they add a lot of expression to your playing.

I haven't used any of these, so I can't recommend one over another. Check out some other midi and VST forums, as I'm sure there will be a lot of opinions on what is best. Also, there may be cheaper controllers available that I'm not aware of, but these two companys seem to be the most popular at the moment.

Hope this helps a bit! Smile

Phil

deesto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally have just bought the MK-461C (evolution/m-audio). And i love it. it is a good compromise between features, MIDI programmability and cheapness.

crimsonice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Landphil and deesto for your help. I will now post another question on the board. You don't really know how much your helping me, heh. Heck, these questions I am asking since I am new may be the same questions another new person would ask. Laughing

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1