automation : am I stupid ?
View previous topic :: View next topic

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: automation : am I stupid ? Reply with quote

I downloaded RG update and run it.
Then I launched SX and attempted to record in realtime the change of various knobs and sliders of RG's panel with the mouse, on RG's track....
But none of those "handmade" changes occurs during playback, and in the list edit, there is not a single *censored* visible.
And, unfortunately, AFAIK there is no "readme" or addendum to the manual along with the updater, who would say which midi cc are usable with the various automatable settings.
I am probably missing something, but what ?
Anyone here has succeeded in using the automation ?

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest,

1. Your RealGuitar Manual also has to be updated, so you can find the detailed MIDI CC and VST Automation map on the last page.

2. To record changes as VST Automation you have activate the Write Automation button (knob with 'W' icon) in the left upper corner of RG VST window. To play back the recorded automation events press Read button (the one with 'R' icon).

3. To learn more about Automation refer to Cubase Operation Manual (Automation chapter)

Regards,
Sergey

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Serguey for reply.
But i'm a bit puzzled : I did run the updater when I downloaded it, and it said at the end of the process that the update was successfull... However I see nothing new in RG panel's, nor there seems to be a way to know which version it is now.
As for the manual, I checked in MusicLab>>RealGuitar folder, and it's still the initial (1-0) version.
Yet I seem to have the stereo version of the guitar which was supposed to be a part of the update...
Am I supposed to download in fact the full updated version of R.G and replace the 1-0 with it ?
I don't think so, because then an updater would make no sense at all...

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1