MIDIoverLAN demo on OS X - 'channel' issues with NI synths
View previous topic :: View next topic
bigster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: MIDIoverLAN demo on OS X - 'channel' issues with NI synths Reply with quote

I'd be grateful if anyone who has a registered version of MIDIoverLAN could confirm something for me.

I just downloaded the MOL demo and rigging up the connection between my G4s couldn't have been easier. However, if I use the PowerBook as a softsynth host, being driven from Digital Performer on the Desktop Mac, I appear to run into a limitation.

I have one MOL port enabled - DP gives me the option to send on any of its 16 channels. On the PB, in Reason 2.5, I can use advanced MIDI settings and MIDI In Device unit to direct single channels of MIDI to single devices. All's well with things like Lounge Lizard too. But if I boot up a Native Instruments synth then under the MIDI config window I get no channel options, just a single entry for 'NetPort', and that's either on or off. Consequently the NI synths are all responding to ALL channels!

Does this behaviour persist in the registered version? If it does I guess you have to devote an entire MOL port to each NI synth - perhaps that's not so bad? Just intrigued as to why the NI synths don't allow any channel selection.

Thanks

Robin

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » MIDIoverLAN CP All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1