Realstrat And 64Bit DAW Software
View previous topic :: View next topic
thomasabarnes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Realstrat And 64Bit DAW Software Reply with quote

Hi all:

I really like Real Strat and Real Guitar. however they both hang when Cakewalk Plug In Manager is trying to scan them so I can use them in the 64bit version of SONAR 8.

This post is for interested users and the Music Lab Team.

What do you think is the possibility of having a native 64bit version of Real Strat and Real Guitar, so they can be used in native 64bit DAW software such as SONAR 64bit version?

As for me, I'm requesting 64bit compatible versions of these two Music Lab products! I've been running Vista 64bit for about a year. I've upgraded my RAM to 8 GB, and the 64bit version of SONAR performs noticably better than using the 32bit version. Also, with the upgrade that I've made in RAM, I'm seeing increased performance, and my softsynths which takes advantage of the increase RAM, and other software that takes advantage of the increased RAM results in increased benefits.

So, what do you all think of 64bit versions of these two products? More requests wouldn't hurt. Smile

maurostudios

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: REALSTRAT NATIVE 64 BIT Reply with quote

Hi there,
Yes it woiuld be a great idea to have the native 64 bit version of Realstrat.
I had to stop using this vst since i switched on a 64 vista system (which works wondefully...) and that's too bad : I really liked it and there is not anything comparable on the market at the moment..
Please think about this .. you would make a lot of user very happy!
Thanks
Mauro Colangelo

Ash06

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealStrat and RealGuitar don't take up that much CPU nor RAM so I'm struggling to see much benefit in releasing a 64bit version. Or am I missing something?

I'd like to see a more detailed product, more articulations, more samples, recorded chords (all variations)... Perhaps released in Kontakt player form and the full version so one can take advantage of the scripts. Scarbee have worked wonders with those.

Something like Vir2 Acoustic Legends HD, but more...

Please Very Happy

BitFlipper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash06 wrote:
RealStrat and RealGuitar don't take up that much CPU nor RAM so I'm struggling to see much benefit in releasing a 64bit version. Or am I missing something?

I'd like to see a more detailed product, more articulations, more samples, recorded chords (all variations)... Perhaps released in Kontakt player form and the full version so one can take advantage of the scripts. Scarbee have worked wonders with those.

Something like Vir2 Acoustic Legends HD, but more...

Please Very Happy

It is not so much that RS or RG takes up a lot of memory, it is that when you add up all the memory used by all soft synths, many people (including myself) run out of available memory. Even if you load 32-bit plugins on a 64-bit host (using BitBridge in Sonar, for instance), you can benefit because each 32-bit plugin can now have its own 32-bit space, meaning your total available memory is limited only by your total physical memory. So if you have 8GB total, you can have many more plugins (even 32-bit ones) when you use a 64-bit host.

But it is always better to have native 64-bit plugins. Running 32-bit plugins on a 64-bit host is always going to a kludge and you will always have to deal with more latency and more CPU usage than what you can get from a 64-bit plugin on a 64-bit host.

The reason I came to this forum today is that RG doesn't work in BitBridge for me. I would like to see what the status is on a possible 64-bit version, but so far the chances look bleak... Oh well, I guess that's the end of RG for me then. Pity...

J van E

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitFlipper wrote:

The reason I came to this forum today is that RG doesn't work in BitBridge for me. I would like to see what the status is on a possible 64-bit version, but so far the chances look bleak... Oh well, I guess that's the end of RG for me then. Pity...

That's weird, because I installed Sonar 8.5 PE on Windows 7, both 64 bit, two weeks ago and RealStrat and RealGuitar work perfectly 'out of the box'. I didn't have to change a setting or whatever: BitBridge 'took over' without me having to do anything. So... something is wrong somewhere because it really should work without any problems...

What happens if you run RS using jBridge? Simply install the demo, open Sonar, go to the plugin manager, select RS, choose properties and enable 'Use jBridge'. (So don't follow the instructions that come with jBridge, because they are complicated and meant for software that does not support jBridge.)

thomasabarnes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A point I'm making is that it should not be a 3rd party's responsibility (Cakewalk with SONAR x64 and BitBridge, for example) to make plug ins work with a 64bit host. 64 Bit operating systems have been out for years, now. Musiclab should make top products like RealGuitar and RealStrat native 64bit plug ins.

Some users are still using windows XP. and they are having problems getting RS and RG to run in SONAR x64. I'd like and I'm requesting MusicLab to make these two products native 64Bit plug ins so I can have them work optimally in my 64Bit host (SONAR 8.5.1). Additionally, we shouldn't have to pay for a 3rd party program such as jBridge to have these 2 products work, cause still we dont get the optimal performance we would have, if both these plug ins were native 64Bit. I use mostly MIDI for my Music Production, so any improvement I can get (such as low latency improvement) by these plug ins being made native 64Bit is strongly desired.

Geez, come on Musiclab, get with the program.

Glyn Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just adding my voice to the call for 64 bit native Real Guitar /Strat / LPC. and giving this thread a bump

I have Real Strat ad think its great, and it works for me in Sonar 64 8.5.3 using the standard Bitbridge, but bridged plugins never work as well as native 64 bit ones, there are always little annoyances.

Experience with other manufactures plugins has shown updates can some times mean VSTs that worked with bitbridge stop working following an update.

The apparent lack of intrest in producing 64 bit versions has so far made me fight shy of adding Real LPC to my VST collection and turned my eyes towards some of the Kontakt based competition.

CosmicD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say it's the same case with cuabase 5.5. If there's any vstithat works without having to jbridge it it's nexus and realstrat/realguitar.

Ofcourse it would be cool to have them use vst3 so they can have their sidechain output and you don't need to bring them to a group per s to sidechain them with a vst3 compatible plug, but they could also use the efficiency of native 64bits, after all I think i'm gonna have much less CPU overdrive messages when I could have as much as possible of my vst(i)'s in 64bit

Techrod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Another Vote for 64 bit Support Reply with quote

The only thing holding me and many others back from migrating to 64 Bit (= lots more addressable RAM) is the lack of support from third-party vendors especially AU/VST vendors like MusicLab. The CPUs and OS have been 64 bit for ages, the DAWs moved 1-2 years ago to support 64 bit, Spectrasonics, MOTU and some others have moved. It's the smaller independents like MusicLab that haven't. Native Instruments is a big exception but I know they are working on it.

I appreciate RealStrat/RealGuitar don't need much RAM but if you don't move with the times new purchasers won't buy 32bit apps and existing users will migrate and leave you behind.

By the end of this year I will move come what may. It will be a shame if I have to leave these great apps behind.

Just for info my need is for OS X 64bit support.

Techrod

JohnnyVirgil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on this?

GT3000XX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to previous post. This is long over due

thomasabarnes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyVirgil wrote:
Any news on this?

There is an x64 beta for RealStrat and RealGuitar. See the top of each respective forum. Here's the link to the RealStrat x64 beta announcement:

http://www.musiclab.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3374

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1