Problem- RealStrat loads no instrument
View previous topic :: View next topic
rikki rivett

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Problem- RealStrat loads no instrument Reply with quote

Standalone and AU (Logic, Mac) have the same problem: when I point the mouse at the triangle next to "select guitar", nothing happens.

The strat.mls file is in the Folder next to RealStrat.App and there is also an alias to the mls file in my PlugIns/Components folder.

What's wrong, please?

thanks

RR

gtgarner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you have loaded the correct Audio Format. Open your Real Stat bank manager (that installed with your realstat) and make sure you selected the audo format that is running on your computer or DAW. The default for most computers and DAW's is 4800.

RealStat won't supply you with an instrument if the Audio Format does not match your computer or DAW.

rikki rivett

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: ok!!!- & a question please Reply with quote

well, thank you, that solved the problem- although I'm 100% sure I already did the conversion to 44.1k as needed when installing.

I did however give an external drive as the extraction destination- could that have caused the problem? This time I extracted directly to the RealStrat folder in Applications.

What shoudl I do if I want to move the Strat.mls file somewhere else (for space reasons), please?

Thanks very much for the help:-)!!!!

RR

clueblast

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: ok!!!- & a question please Reply with quote

rikki rivett wrote:

What shoudl I do if I want to move the Strat.mls file somewhere else (for space reasons), please?

that should work. it does for me.
not by moving it manually but using the bankmanager.
run the bankmanager manually, uncheck everything and run it. this will delete your current bankfile and RS´s reference to this file.
then run it again with 44.1 checked and your favorite destination. that´s it.

gtgarner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: ok!!!- & a question please Reply with quote

rikki rivett wrote:
well, thank you, that solved the problem- although I'm 100% sure I already did the conversion to 44.1k as needed when installing.

I did however give an external drive as the extraction destination- could that have caused the problem? This time I extracted directly to the RealStrat folder in Applications.

Thanks very much for the help:-)!!!!

RR

First of all, you don't want to remove ANY .mls file. The MLS file MUST remain where it is when you installed RealStrat or RealGuitar. If you want to move the .mls file for some reason then you have to uninstall RealStrat and install it somewhere else.

However you can move those .mln files to another drive. Those are the really big files (One for each audio format). But after you move your .mln files, you must change the "mlsmple" file in the RealStat or RealGuitar directory. This file MUST point to the directory where the .mln files are. Just double click the file and it will open up in notepad or something like that.
The mlsmple file contains a line like this when it is installed. This line points to where your .mln files are.

C:/Program Files/MusicLab/RealStrat/

and you can change it to where you move your .mln files to. BUT REMEMBER you MUST make sure that the direction of the slashes are correct. Microsoft uses a "\" when it creates directories but Musiclab uses a "/", so you have to change all of them.
My new directory looks like this.

F:/Real Guitar Library/Real Strat Files/

I hope this helps.

rikki rivett

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the replies! For now I'll just leave the mls file where it is- I'm just happy RS works. It's brilliant!

gtgarner: I'm on the Mac, and the installation created a script called "Update RealStrat Path", which opens Terminal (the Mac command line). I don't know whether I have to enter the path by hand there or whether it works by itself to find the .mls file.

I think the manual, or at least the Install "Read Me" file should give more explanation about how this works and what to do if you want to move your files. But if it all works just by using the Bank Manager, that would be ok.

RR

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1